//Potions with Horace Slughorn

Y/n made her way down the familiar path down to the dungeon classroom with Draco.
When they arrived she see that they're was only about a dozen people who were moving to N.E.W.T level. Of course Crabbe and Goyle failed to get the required O.W.L grade, but only four Slytherins made it in. Including her and Draco. There was one Hufflepuff and four Ravenclaws.

"I wonder how ridiculous this class is gonna be" Draco said eyeing all the kids in front of him. Before Y/n got the chance to reply the Dungeon door swung open. The first thing she saw come out the class room was Slughorns huge belly. As everyone walked into the classroom, he greeted all his students.
Y/n's nose filled with the smells of vapors and strong odd smells. She peered curiously into bunking cauldrons as she walked past them. The four Slytherins all took a table together.
After everyone was seated Slughorn began to talk
"Now the , now then, now then..Scales out, everyone, and potion kits, and don't forget your  copies of Advanced Potion- Making"
Y/n bent down next to her and pulled out her supplies and neatly placed them in front of her. She flipped through some of the Potion's book pages, glancing at the curiously.
"Sir?" she heard Potter say, she saw him raise his hand out the corner of her eyes. She heard Draco gag next to her at the sound of his voice.
"Harry, m'boy" Slughorn answered
"I haven't got a book or scales or anything, nor's ron...we didn't  realize we'd be able to do the N.E.W.T, you see"
"Ah yes, Professor McGonagall did mention...not to worry, my dear boy, not to worry at all. You can use ingredients from the store cupboard today, And I'm sure we can lend you some scales, and we've got a small stock of old books here, they'll do until you can write to Flourish and Blotts.." Slughorn said.
Y/n rolled her eyes and watched Slughorn waddle over to a comer cupboard. He walked back with two very old looking copies of Advanced Potion-Making which he gave to Potter and Weasley along with some scales.
"Now then..I've prepared a few potions for you to have a look at, just out of interest, you know. These are the kind of thing you ought to be able to make after completing your N.E.W.Ts. You ought to have heard of em, even if you haven't made em yet. Anyone tell me what this one is?" Slughorn asked. He pointed to the cauldron closest to the Slytherin. Y/n stoop up slightly to see the bubbling plain water inside it.
Hermione's hand shot up into the air and Slughorn pointed at her.
"It's Veritaserum, a colorless, odorless potion that forces the drinker to tell the truth" she said
"Very good, very good" the professor said happily "now" he pointed to the cauldron closest to the Ravenclaw table "this one here is pretty well known..Featured in a few Ministry leaflets lately to...who can-?"
Hermione's hand shot up again "it's polyjuice potion, sir" she said
Y/n recognized the slow brown bubbling liquid in the second cauldron.
"Excellent, excellent! Now, this one here.....yes, my dear?" Said Slughorn looking at Hermione's hand once again

"It's Amortentia!" She proudly said
"It is indeed. It seems almost foolish to ask...but I assume you know what it does" Slughorn smiled at Hermione.
"It's the most powerful love potion in the world" she said
"Quite right! You recognized if, I suppose, by it's distinctive mother- of -pearl sheen?" Slughorn asked her
"And the steam rising in characteristic spirals" she added "and it's supposed to smell differently to each of us, according to what attracts us, and I can smell freshly mown grass and new parchment-"
Y/n watched her face go red. Draco nudged y/n's side
"What do you smell" he asked, still looking at the cauldron.
Y/n thought for a second "I smell French vanilla candles and a freshly burned wood" she smiled. Dazed at the scent that was filling her nose. Draco looked down at her and smirked
Slughorn soon interrupted they're moment
"May I ask your name, my dear" he asked Hermione
"Hermione Granger" she said.
"Granger? Granger? Can you possibly be related to Hector Dagworth- Granger, who founded the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers?"
Y/n rolled her eyes at Slughorns attention to recruit more members for his slimy slug club.
Hermione answered "No,I don't think so, sir. I'm Muggle-born, you see"
Draco leaned into Y/n's ear "Filthy little Mudblood" both of them sniggered at his comment. Slughorn moved closer to the Slytherin table and looked at Y/n