//Boggarts

Request

Y/n and Draco arrived at they're Defense Against the Dark arts lesson together. Professor lupin was no where to be seen inside the classroom. Draco took his usual seat next to y/n. They took out their books, quills and parchment and got ready for whatever new material they would be learning today. Y/n glanced slightly to her right and looked at Draco's "Injured arm" from a previous result in his ego being to big and care for magical creatures.
"How's it feeling" She asked him with a small smirk on her face.
"It hurts but I'm lucky I'm still alive that bloody giant bird almost killed me" Draco replied with confidence in his voice.
"Grow up you big baby"

As all the students where chatting among themselves in the fairly lit class room when professor lupin finally showed up. He slightly smiled at his class and placed his battered up brief case on his desk. He was a shabby looking teacher, he was skinny but well fed.
"Good afternoon...Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will only need your wands."
Y/n exchanged curious looks with Draco. She grabbed her books, quills and parchment back inside the bag she has just taken them out of. She had never had a practical lesson of Defense Against the Dark Arts....unless She counted last year when her old teacher let a whole bunch of pixies lose in the classroom.

"Right then" Lupin said "if you'd follow me"
Y/n and Draco followed the crowd of student behind professor lupin. The students curiously moved their heads in every direction trying to catch a glimpse of what was going on. They all followed lupin out of the classroom and down the deserted corridors into the staff room.
"Inside please" lupin said holding the door open for his class. Y/n pushed her way in front of all the student with Draco following behind her. She stopped and stared curiously at an old looking wardrobe at the end of the room. She took a few steps closer, walking up to the wardrobe reaching her arm out to touch the old scratched wood. It started shaking violently and she jumped.

"Nothing to worry about" professor lupin assured
Y/n placing a hand on her shoulder. She stepped back next to Draco in embarrassment.
"Nice going y/n you've scared the closet" Draco said to y/n with his famous Malfoy smirk.
"Shut it" she snapped.
"There's a boggart in there" Professor lupin added. Both y/n and Draco stopped talking to look at the wardrobe. Y/n started to feel like this was something to worry about.
Professor lupin went on "Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces, wardrobes, the gap beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks — I once met one that had lodged I self in a grandfather clock. This one moved in yesterday afternoon, and I asked the headmaster if the staff would leave it to give to my third years some practice.....so, the first question we must ask ourselves is, what is a boggart"
Y/n's hand shot up almost as fast as know it all Hermione Granger's hand.
To y/n's surprise, lupin called upon her.
"It's a shapeshifter, it takes the shape of whatever scares us the most" she answered the question taking a backwards glance at Hermione.
"Couldn't have put it better myself" professor lupin complemented her "so the boggart sitting in the darkness within has not yet assumed a form. He does not yet know what will frighten the person on the other side of the door. Nobody knows what a boggart looks like when he is alone, but he when I let him out, he will immediately become whatever each of us fears most."

The whole class light shifted and a pure terror scream from Neville could be heard from the back of the room.
"This means  that we have a huge advantage over the boggart when we begin. Have you spotted it Harry?" Professor lupin moved his gaze to Harry. Y/n watched as Harry struggled to answer the question and Hermione's hand violently waving in the air
"Er— because there are so many of us, it won't now what shape it would be"
"Precisely...it's always best to have company when your dealing with a boggart. He becomes confused. Which should he become, a headless corpse or a flesh eating slug? I once saw a boggart make that very mistake, tried to frighten two people at once and turned himself into half a slug. Not remotely frightening" professor lupin talked "the charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape you find amusing"
Draco let out a low chuckle besides y/n. She smiled slightly to herself, but to her surprise Draco looked at her to. For a brief moment their eyes met.
Professor lupin voice interrupted their gaze
"We will practice the charm without wands first. After me, please...Riddikulus!"
Draco leaned into y/n and whispered in her ear
"This class is Riddikulus" and as on cue, the class practiced the charm together. Y/n laughed.

"Good, Very good. But that was the easy part, I'm afraid. You see, the one word is not enough. And this is where you come in, Neville"
The whole class looked at Neville

"Right, Neville. First things first, what would you say is the thing that frightens you the most in the world?"
"Professor Snape" Neville said extremely quietly.
Everyone laughed but Draco's laugher was loudest of all.
"Professor Snape...Hmm. Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother" Lupin asked
"Er—yes but I don't want the boggart to turn into her either"
"No no you misunderstand me, I wonder could you tell us what sort of clothes your grandmother usually wears?"
Neville has a terrified look on his face but said "well...always the same hat. A tall one with a stuffed vulture on top. And a long dress...green, normally..and sometimes a fox fur scarf."
"And a handbag?" Professor lupin asked
"A big red one" Neville said
"Right then" Professor lupin said "can you picture those clothes very clearly, Neville? Can you see them in your minds eyes"
Neville nodded.

"When the boggart bursts out of this wardrobe, Neville, and sees you it will assume the form of Professor Snape, and you will raise your wand—thus—and cry Riddikulus and concentrate hard on your grandmothers clothes. If all goes well, Professor boggart Snape will be forced into that vulture topped hat, and that green dress with that big red handbag."
The whole class broke into laughter again and the wardrobe shook violently again and Professor lupin spoke again
"If Neville is successful, the boggart is likely to shift his attention to each of us in turn, I would like all of you to take a moment now to think of the thing that scares you most,"
Y/n watched Draco's face turn paler than normal. He gulped loudly and glanced up at her.
"And imagine how you might force it to look comical" Professor lupin finished.
"Everyone ready" Lupin asked "Neville, we're going to back away and let you have a clear field, so Neville can get a clear shot"
The whole class moved backwards against the walls leaving Neville alone in front of the wardrobe.
Professor lupin counted to three and the wardrobe burst open. Professor Snape stepped out, his black robes flowing behind him.
"Riddikulus!" Neville cried
The nose was like a crack and Snape stumbled. He was now wearing Nevilles grandmothers clothes.

The boggart shifted its attention upon Draco. Y/n pushed him forward playfully and Neville ran back into the group of students. Draco's face went as white as paper. Y/n watched in horror as she watched the boggart take the form of herself.
The boggart got on it knees. Begging for mercy.
"Please...please don't do this. I don't wanna die. I'll do anything please."
By now the whole class watched in terror, frightened about what they were witnessing.
Draco took a few steps back as the boggart y/n's cries got louder and more terrified. A flash of green light hit the boggart.
"Now Draco" Professor lupin yelled. But the boggarts yells cries were louder
"I died Draco..You let me die. YOU LET ME DIE"
Professor Lupin stepped in front of Draco and the boggart quickly changed into a floating silvery orb surrounded my dark grey clouds.
"Riddikulus!!" Professor lupin yelled. The boggart quickly changed into a balloon and lupin directed it back into the wardrobe. The wardrobe started shaking violently again and Professor lupin locked it.
The whole class was quiet. Nothing could be heard but Draco's heavy breath. Y/n turned to Draco with a surprised but awed look on her face.
"Me?" She mouthed to him. Draco's face went from white to pink and he gave her a slight smile. She moved closer to Draco and gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek. She smiled at him and he smiled back.
Y/n knew....the conversation about Draco's fear wasn't over..