11. Practice

(Byul pov):

"Come on, Yeong."

"My name is Yeongsun."

"Come on, My-name-is-Yeongsun," I chuckle at her. We're in the middle of a practice, when she suddenly overwhelms herself with a cloud of worries. It is our first practice day and thanks to yesterday's meal with Hyejin and Wheein, the atmosphere is a little less tense. Turns out that once you're doing something you love, the weirdness kind of fades away. I notice a glimple of smile on her face. "And not for long - now your Sun. So... Come on, Sun."

"Do you think it's cool we call ourselves Moon-Sun duo? Isn't it too cliché?"

"How could it be a cliché, when noone else is called like that?-... At least as far as I know."

"We should practice more," she insists.

"Agreed. But don't overpractice yourself."

She looks at me confused.

"I noticed so many bruises on your body," I say. "I suppose it's from dancing. Wheein told me you do poledance, I've heard this stuff can give you bruises-"

"Those are not dance injuries," she says, staring into emptyness, her voice deadly cold.

"Oh..." I dont know what to say. Mostly because i am not sure what she meant. Or maybe i just dont want to be sure.

"They are old... well... we should practice..."

The atmosphere is pretty cold now, but I agree. 

But then I realize something.

"So that's why you did it?" I ask.

"Excuse me?"

"Is that why you kissed me?"

She looks down. As if she cant decide whether to be mad, sorry or ashamed.

I know I should be understanding but I suddenly I get so mad. "So... WHAT. Do you realize what you did? You are mean to me, then you kiss me, then you... you basically harassed me! Oh my god! I mean, not that I did not like it, but oh my god!"

"...you liked it?"

"Are you listening to me?!"

"Sorry, ... I-"

"And even if, I really did not enjoy the stuff afterwards! You know, I was really trying to be understanding towards this, but Im just a human too, and I hate that when I'm nice to you, it only makes you more mean!"

"I'm sorry."

I walk close to her so she has to look into my eyes.

"So did you do it to be the bully?"

"What?"

"Someone obviously hurt you, so now you wanted to try out how to be the one who hurts?"

"No, I-"

"That's not how it works!"

"I know-"

"And the stuff afterwards! Apart from leaving me there humiliated, you just act so mean and everything is so weird! It's not supposed to be weird!"

"What do you-"

"When you kiss someone beautiful, it's supposed to be all cute and sweet afterwards, not weird!"

I take a break to breathe, when she looks deeply into my eyes. 

"I agree," she whisperes.

I want to ask what does she mean, but suddenly she moves closer and presses her lips softly to mine. 

I want to protest a little, but i feel so overwhelmed by feelings that I can't help but to fall into her arms reaching for me. This time, her hands kindly stroke my back, lovingly and softly pushing my body to hers.

She moves her head back and looks into my eyes again, softly and calmly just like the kiss was.

"Like this?" she whispers.