CHAPTER TWO

*August 2010*
*Anne's pov*

   I was happy, quite happy. It was a bright day. I strolled by the streets to my home,it was the Neighbourhood of London where the normal people lived. But at the other side was where the rich stayed, not that it mattered to me, i knew we couldn't afford it.

   I ran my hands through my thick ginger red hair and it fell down to my waist. Some high school teenagers walked past me and i had an epic memory flashback of my time in high school, before i graduated. I didn't make the cut to get a scholarship even though i worked hard to get it

   Climbing up the few steps on their porch, i opened the door, only to find my little sister laughing on the couch.

"hey! You're back" camila rushed by and embraced me.

"yeah." I wrapped my hands around her. She was almost as tall as me.

"so? How was it? How did it go?" camila folded her arms.

" I got a job. It's just what we need." i threw my bag on the couch

"Thank God, Anne."

"I thought the same." I said." Where's mom?"

"she's resting. The doctor said she shouldn't exert herself." Camila went back to doing her homework.

My eyes looked at the beige colored door in the distance. I took to going through it and I saw her, lying in bed. I moved as smoothly as i could so i wouldn't wake my mom.

"Mom?" my mother, judith, turned her gaze to me who sat next to her. She lay with her red hair scattered on the pillows."Are you awake?"

"Annabell, you're home." judith coughed softly.

I took my mom's hand in mine." I got a job. Now we can finally pay the hospital bills and enough to pay rent. Everything is going to be just fine "

"Oh Annie, I hate seeing you work like this. I feel helpless, laying here all day." She brushed some strands of hair from my face.

"You're not helpless, mom, you're sick. You should just concentrate on getting well." I smiled "I can handle everything."

"Including your sister? She's a handful."

"She's fifteen." I almost laughed.

"You know, Your dad would be so proud of you."

"I know, mom. Get some sleep." i kissed her forehead. "I love you" I shut the door behind me.

  *  *  *

"So Anne, when do you start work?" camila dumped her bowl in the sink

"Tomorrow. I was glad they even hired me." standing, i hopped and sat on the counter.

"Does it pay well?" She took the liberty of putting her short shoulder length golden blonde hair in a ponytail

"it's enough. Not much but enough for you to go through school, gradually pay mom's medical bills and pay rent."

"well..." camila started

" I'm going to bed." I hopped back down.

"I'm gonna watch a little TV before bed "

" Okay. Don't stay up late." I kissed her cheek." night, Cam."

"Night."