CHAPTER NINE

*Duncan's pov*
I sighed as I called my new assistant to my office. Eric Lahey was a slow person but very attentive. I honestly hated slow and sluggish people. They don't fit in my book. He came in after knocking lightly on the door.

"Mr lahey, find miss annabel branson and bring her here."I simply said. He just waited until I yelled." Now!" He jerked up and left the room. 

I wanted to hear about miss Jones's wellbeing and so far she was the other way round. It was either I tell her to find out or I go out there and I don't have the time to spare.
Since I was mailed some contracts,they needed signing. The first rule about business deals is never sign anything until you've read through it. As I kept my eyes on the files,I heard a knock and I knew it was her. I flipped and continued reading as I ran my hands slowly through my hair.

"Come in." I said as I signed the first page. Even though I had my face down I could still feel her presence,then her feet came into my view. They were small and she was wearing a black pair of sneakers. 

Hmm. That's weird.

My eyes caught something and I read it twice as my brows frowned. Pretty soon,I heard a whisper coming from her. Whatever she said didn't sound English and I didn't care.

"Miss Branson." I softly called her name and even though i hadn't even raised my head I could feel her hovering.

"Sir?" She replied.

"You are one of miss Jones's friend, right?" I asked.

"Yes sir." Her reply was sharp and really quick.

"I need you to check up on her and report back on how she's doing." I quickly put my signature below.

"I saw her some days ago."

"And?" I closed the first folder and kept it aside.

"She's recovering. She's supposed to have surgery to repair her collar bone"you almost the enthusiasm in her voice.

"I will need you to update me on her. And find out if she's improving after the surgery." My head rose up and I caught her eyes even without trying. They were this shade of emerald. If it was possible I would say her in competition her eyes would beat the actual gem. I blinked once and went back to my work. I've seen countless people with green eyes,she was no different.

"Yes sir." I heard her say after I had resume working.

"You're dismissed." Just as I said it,she rushed out. A few minutes later,I froze.

'Wait.' I thought to myself 'where is the documents containing the company's budgets?'

I slammed the call button and heard the sound, once I realized he had picked up I said between gritted teeth.

"Mr Lahey, my office. NOW" I called and just seconds later mr lahey knocked on the door.

"Come in." He came rushing in. This was the way to deal with your employees. It was better to be feared by them than loved. They would take you for a fool, And the west men are a lot of things but a fool...we most certainly are not.

"I told you to bring in the documents of the company's budgets. So what is this?" I raised the file and thew it on the left side of my table and I saw him swallow hard. I opened my mouth to speak but not before he stuttered out.

"I did. It should–"

"Never interrupt me." I said and he shut up but you could still see his body shaking. " those files are a very big deal so where are they? Speak!"

"I couldn't find them–" he stammered

"Did you lose them?" I asked before he could finish.

"Yes–i mean no..." He tried shaking his head to clear his thoughts.

"Which is it? You couldn't find them or you lost them?!" I could hear and feel my voice radiating through the walls of my office as the young man before me continued shaking.

I honestly had no idea why my secretary kept hiring these sloppy people who couldn't take the pressure of the job. This was what they signed up for the day they decide to go into business.

"You're fired. Now get out of my sight! Such a pathetic wimp!" He scurried out. All I knew was I was a ticking time bomb whenever I got mad and this guy just happened to tick me off.

"Miss Lincoln,find me an assistant and someone who can actually follow simple orders!" I yelled into the phone and ended the call before she could reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, dreamers!
I apologize for this short chapter but I actually ran out of things to write...which is weird because I almost never have writers block. Oh well! I just want you guys to know that duncan won't always be a douche. The big bad boss will soon start to fade but it won't be easy. I can't wait for chapter ten.
Bye beautiful dreamers!❤

Lilly James as Annabell Branson