CHAPTER TWELVE

*Anne's pov*
That evening I called camila and told her where I was. she was worried but I told her I was scheduled for surgery the following day. It wasn't even much of a surgery anyway. I would be out in a few days. The sun was setting and I was just sitting, having some dinner alone.

"I knew you weren't okay." I heard a familiar voice by the door and I raised my head up. Catherine stood there with a cast around her arm.

"Hey." I said.

"Camila called me. She told me everything." She came in and sat down."do you know the risk of walking around with that injury?That was the dumbest thing you've ever done. what were you thinking?"

"I was thinking of my family, okay. This surgery would have set us back big time." I sighed. "I know it was Stupid. Mr west has already yelled at me for today,I think that's enough"

"What was mr west doing here?" Both her eyebrows rose in fraction. It seems that was the only part she heard

"He brought me in. I lost consciousness at work and he basically carried me here." I demonstrated with my hands as I spoke.

"You fainted and he brought you in? Are you sure you didn't hit your head when you fell?" She poked my head once. "And you hallucinated him being there?"

I gave her an annoyed look and she smiled. "No. Pretty sure."

"That's weird. Really weird." Catherine relaxed back in her seat and rested her head.

"Catherine,there's something I have to tell you. And you may not like it."

"What is it?"

"I was hired...by Mr west." Catherine's eyes widen. "I know you must be confused and I understand if you totally hate me."

"He hired you?" She pointed at me and I nodded. "He hired you."

"Yes."

"And you agreed to work for him?"

"Do you hate me? It feels like I'm stealing your job."

"No, Its okay. I just don't get why you want to work for him."

"I have to. He took care of my medical bills,for reasons I'll never know,and he said to repay him I would have to work for him."

"Why did he pay your bills?"

"I don't have a clue. The man keeps surprising me. And now...now I have work for him."

"As his assistant?"she asked and I nodded. "Why?"

"I have no idea." I swallowed."I mean,he could have hired someone much more experienced but he chose me. The question is why."

"Like any normal person, he could have said you should pay him."

"Are you kidding? I don't have that much money. If i did i wouldn't be in this mess. He mentioned it but that's the inevitable. Uh!" I groaned. "I am so dead,aren't I?"

Catherine nodded slowly.

"You know,a few words of encouragement wouldn't hurt." I arched my left brow and she scoffed at me.

"I'm not the optimistic type."

The next morning I sat patiently until I was taken up to surgery. When I opened my eyes,I was in recovery and I was so happy I would be going home soon.

Camila came to meet me before my surgery and then she waited until I came out. The incision that was made was barely visible and I was told it would heal fast and be even less visible and I didn't have to worry about a scar.

Within a few days I was ready to leave. I wore my clothes and checked out. I was out in the hallway when a female nurse approached me as I was reaching the elevator.

She was very pretty,with her natural long platinum colored hair. She had natural pale skin and simple indigo eyes.

"Hi." She side glanced at me as well continued walking

"Hello." I replied. "Do I know you?"

"No." She shook her head."I was one of your nurses. I saw you when you came in."

"Oh."

"My name's Terri." She put both her hands in her pockets. "How are you feeling now?" She and I both entered the elevator. I pressed the last floor and she had to stop at the second. You could hear the light sound of the elevator as we stood together.

"Better than I was days ago."

"Good. You gave him quite a scare."
I froze. My whole body started getting tense. Who?

"The man who brought you in,of course?" I hadn't realized I said that part out loud. "He seemed a bit worried about you."

"really?"

"Oh yeah. He was by your side and kept asking for updates on you."
My thoughts began to scramble and I was seriously getting confused. "He's really handsome. I can see why you like you like him."

'Huh? What??'

"Uh..."I glanced around.

"I mean,He's gorgeous,but I'm sure you don't like it when women over complement your boyfriend."
I almost had a heart attack. I started coughing at the word boyfriend.

"Oh there's been a huge mistake." I waved my hand in front of my face just as the elevator made a beep and the doors opened. She flipped her hair and walked out.

Just before the doors closed,she turned to me and waved. "Bye."

It was like I was frozen after she left. I cleared my mind And before long the elevator beeped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello beautiful dreamers!
I am beaming today. You guys would be happy to know that untangled by red has gotten a hundred reasons! I know some people might think its a low number but this us my first book so to me this is a really good start. Thank you all who are reading this,have a great day and don't forget to vote,comment and share. Bye dreamers!❤

Listen to chills by why don't we for this chapter

Troian Bellisario as Althena Edmond