CHAPTER SIXTEEN

*Anne's pov*

"Oh my... god" I placed both hands on my lips to hide the laughter that was about to come bursting out of me.

   Nathan was also laughing on the screen of my computer, my dad's old one which I kept in a box with all his other things but earlier this week, I pulled it out.

   Nathan was in his house in Australia and you could see the beautiful paintings and expensive furniture behind him. The curtains with their beautiful designs, the lamps and windows. He was wearing a black long sleeve shirt with the arms folded up and sitting behind a desk.

   After calling me a week ago, Nathan and I started talking on a normal base and then we started video chatting and I've gotten to know him a lot.

   I had my hair packed in a bun with some strands escaping the loose knot. I had just washed my face and wasn't wearing any makeup. I relaxed in a white shirt that said 'I am a positive, lovable person' as I sat on my bed.

"It was an accident!" He exclaimed and that just made me laugh even more. "I swear. I don't know how but I  tripped and tipped over the bucket containing blue paint and it spilled all over them."

"So what did you do?"

"I tried to run but those eight grade boys stood in my way and I was taken to the principal office. It was so humiliating."

"Did you get suspended?"

"I got detention. One week of detention, by far the most embarrassed I've been in middle school."

"Wow. Those kids really would have gone through a lot to get that much paint out of their hair."

"I never want to go back to middle school ever again."

"I'm sure you don't." His laughter slowly died down. "Are you sure you didn't like it?" I teased and he rolled his eyes, making me giggle.

"Why do people assume I did it on purpose." With the look of laughter in his eyes, i knew my answer. I placed a hand in front of the screen to calm him down.

"Calm down Nathan. I was teasing you."

"I know. So how's your weekend?"

"Pretty much the same. I met up with catherine, talked to a few friends of my dad and went training with camila."

"Catherine isn't out of the hospital yet?"

"She's about to be. She can't wait to get out of there and I really miss talking to her outside the hospital."

"You've known her for a few months and you guys are this close?"

"Well, you know." I tucked my hair back. "She's my person. We've both never met someone who understood everything about us. Just how impossible and crazy and broken we can be."

"You're not broken. Far from it, actually."

"It has been taking all my energy to stay sane and strong, and catherine gets it. Things we can't even comprehend about ourselves the other understands." I continued. "She's my person. There's no other way to describe it."

"Good friends are hard to come by." Once he said that his phone started ringing. He looked at me to show he had to take the call and I gave him a reassuring look.

   Once he started talking I did my best to make it look like I wasn't ease dropping on him so I pulled out my phone and began surfing the net.

"Ciao. Gli stai parlando." I heard him say.

Hi. You are speaking to him.

'Is he speaking Italian?'i wondered, paying no attention to what was happening on my phone. 'Does everyone know different languages?'