CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I gently tucked my blouse into my jeans. I thought that it would look better that way and it did. This day was going to go very badly,I could feel it.

So I checked myself out,I liked the way I looked. I didn't even want to go out to look too professional,I would just wear something appropriate for the job and what felt comfortable. So I settled on a pair of blue jeans and a black silk blouse with lace on neck area.

I also threw on one of my favorite black coat and a white strap heels. As for my hair,I washed it, like I did regularly, and dried it. I put on some hair lotion and curled my hair and let it fall down to my waist.

I only did intense things on my hair when I had to do or go somewhere important,and this...was definitely important. I was so nervous, I was slightly shaking.

"You look nice." Camila stood by the door ,leaning on the edge."are you nervous?"

"Like you wouldn't believe." I mumbled and she chuckled and smiled.

"Don't worry,you'll do great."

"Thanks Cami."

When she left I pulled out an eyeliner and mascara and I applied some on my eyes and also some light pink lip gloss. My face was a bit left out so I put on my face powder.

It wasn't like I hated make up or anything,I just felt it wasn't necessary to wear eye-shadow to a job where I would be hot and sweaty most of the time.

I was good to go,I knew most people haven't seen me with my hair out and wouldn't recognize me now because I look really different.

This is how I look on a normal day,when i hangout with catherine and she was always so confused why I always wore a beanie.

I grabbed my small silver bag with a long handle and swung it over my shoulder with my phone in my hands

"Okay,I'm going now" I walked out seeing my mom sitting by the counter eating breakfast with camila. I walked over to them and placed a kiss on my moms cheeks." Bye."

"Come back safely." Mom said to me as I left.

I came out of the taxi and closed the door before the car zoomed off and I was left standing in front of the huge tall building. It shouldn't feel weird,I walked through those doors every morning,but it did.

I finally picked myself off the spot and started walking. I joined a small group of people and rode in the elevator. One by one they each dropped off at their floor and I was the last one standing.

I went to the top and stepped out where I saw few people walking and talking lightly. And as usual, mr west secretary was at her desk. I've always seen her but I've never talked to her.

As I approached her,I saw her look up from whatever she was doing on her computer and her smile beamed at me,showing her perfect teeth. She had shoulder length brown hair with slightly blonde tips. She also had high cheekbones and smooth light skin.

"Hi. I'm Annabell Branson,I'm..." I began.

"Mr West's new assistant"she finished off for me and I smiled. "I've been expecting you. Hi, I'm Debra." She stretched her hand for a handshake and I took it with a relieved smile and she noticed.

"Oh,don't worry. You and I will get along just fine." Then she cleared her throat and left her seat to come to my side. "Now I'm gonna give you a tour of the place because we have some time to kill. come on" she ushered me and we walked side by side.

"Oh," she paused."you might need to write some of this down.

Debra,or Debbie,showed me around. She gave me details and I just nodded. I saw the meeting floor which I have never been in,the records room or storage. Its basically where they store all files and folders of everything that's been happening in the company.