CHAPTER THREE

I wiped my forehead with the sleeve of my shirt. I felt so hot and sweaty. Taking the mop, i wiped the juice that someone spilled. Everyone walked pass me and ignored me, not that they cared, they were too busy trying to keep the company from being bankrupt or whatever.

   Since West Enterprises was a multi billionaire company, it was a really big deal and the CEO was so busy, i hadn't even seen him in person.

"oh my god!" I yelped as someone splashed hot black coffee right on my brown sweater. Now i felt hotter than before.

"I am so sorry. " the stranger dropped the coffee cup and used a tissue to try Cleaning the coffee stain." My boss is going to kill me" she whispered.

"It's okay" i pushed the young lady's hands away. She looked so jumpy, putting some strands of golden blonde hair behind her ear.

"That's gonna stain, let me help."

  "it seems like you've got somewhere important to be right now. Go, I'll take care of this. "The woman was probably an intern or an assistant.

   Her golden blonde hair was as short as her chin, just like camila's. She wore a short blue pantsuit, and matching blazer.

"Thank you." she took the cup and rushed away. 
I Walked to the ladies room, slowly i moved over to the sink and switched on the water. It was warm, good thing i had a tissue. Wetting the tissue, i used it to clean the stain on my shirt, but it just smudge till it grew bigger.

   After a few attempts, i gave up and went back outside. This time i was careful not to bump into anyone. I Mopped and finished cleaning up.

"How's that stain? " i heard the same voice again.

"Not coming off, I'm afraid." as a habit, i started biting my nails.

"Like I suspected. But I have a solution, if you'll follow me."She gestured towards the restroom. And i, looking at my sweater, got up and walked behind her.

"Take it off." she closed the door in the restroom.

"you know, I really don't know you well enough for that" I moved my beanie further to cover my hair. The lady fluffed her short hair and laughed

"Sorry about that."she stretched out her hand for me. "I'm Catherine Jones."

"Annabell Branson Argent. Nice to meet you." We shook hands.

"Argent?"

"L'argent." I responded soon after in a French accent. "It's french."

"Are you french?"

"No. I'm Spanish. Step dad and sister are french." I mumbled swiftly. I wasn't even truly sure why I was telling that information about myself. After nodding, She remembered why she was there.

"Oh, here" Catherine threw me a snow white sweater with ruffles. I caught it and let the soft material slide between my fingers.

"It's so soft, and light" i gave it one final look before giving it back. "I can't take it. It must be really expensive"

"I insist. You saved me from getting fired today, it's the least I can do." She gave it once more to me. I really did love the sweater, so i took it.

  Catherine kept watch for anyone that might have been coming in, while i changed. When i was all done, i kept staring at herself in the mirrors.

"You should totally keep the sweater." Catherine broke the silence after i kept staring at myself on the bathroom mirror.

"Are you serious?" i raised a brow

"Definitely." She nodded. "I think I ruined yours to the extent of no return."

"Thanks. You know..." I continued. "You look a lot like someone I know."

Catherine looked taken back " I can't say I'm not freaked out"

"I'm sorry. It's just..."I sighted. "You have golden blonde short hair and my sister has golden blonde short hair. Seeing you makes me think of her, and she reminds me of... My step dad"

Catherine moved forward until she was right beside me.

"Are you okay? "

"I'll get used to it." i cleared my throat and tried to clear my head. eventually, i pulled my beanie off so my Tangled red hair fell down. At first it surprised Catherine, but then it all made sense.

"You know, I never knew my father. He died a few months after I was born. And then my mom met my step dad and you know, i had a little sister"

"We're a lot alike than we think we are. I'm guessing your little sister is a teenager?" I smiled

"Unfortunately." Catherine rolled her eyes."And we're the ones who have to keep them out of trouble"

"Tell me about it. My mom used to yell at me in Spanish whenever my sister did something wrong."

"Right! "Catherine glanced at her watch and her eyes popped out. "Shoot, I've gotta go. But can I get your number?" i managed stuffing my hair into the beanie again.

"Sure." i dialed my number into Catherine's phone nervously. "Here"

"okay. I'll see you around, though."

"Sure."

* * *

   As dusk came, i felt exhausted, that was for sure, but i also felt a bit happy. That was new after the rough year me and my family had endured. I still remembered all to clearly the echoing sound of my mom's voice while she sat, talking to her friend on the phone.

   I knew something terrible had happened and as my mom broke the news to me, i sort of forgot what joy felt like after we lost our savings, house everything just to pay for my mom's medical bills after she got sick

"Anne? "camila called in hushed tones from behind the door. She was dressed in her pajamas, ready for bed. But, i sat on the steps, looking at the stars. Sean always sat with me.

"I'll be in in a minute, cam" i tried to usher her away. Camila only nodded because she was already sleepy and closed the door behind her.

"Night dad" i pushed up from the steps and stood up to go inside.