CHAPTER FIFTEEN

*Duncan's pov*
As well both arrived in my office,I went behind my desk. I unbuttoned my blazer and sat on my high chair.

During the time I used to get  comfortable,she stood in front of me. She had her legs crossed. as she stood,her notepad in one hand and her other hand brushed the hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear.

She didn't even look like the janitor who begged me to let her keep her job,no...she looked like this sophisticated,beautiful young woman. I hadn't even realized she looked this way.

I was used to seeing her in a beanie and comfortable sweaters, and her hair? She had ginger red hair. I saw red hair all the time,both my mom and sister have red hair but there was a way it looked on her. It looked sort of ...sexy? No. No way,she wasn't sexy she just dressed differently. I cleared my throat and that made her stop crossing her legs.

"Drop the notes you took on my desk and you are dismissed for the day." I told her. She nodded and dropped the notepad but kept her pen. As she turned around to leave,I called out to her.

"When I tell you to go with me to a meeting I mean for business purposes only. I don't need you flirting with my clients." I watched as her lips came apart and her mouth fell open.

"I wasn't flirting with anyone."

"I have eyes, I saw how you handled him." Her eyes became even more wider.

"I did not handle anyone."she said the part handle in a funny way.  "I did exactly what you told me to, I stayed quiet until someone talked to me."

"All I need you to do is sit and not say anything during meetings."

"I don't even know why I'm being scolded. Is speaking such a crime?" She waved a hand in front of her face.

"Yes. I gave you a simple instruction and Your incompetent self couldn't handle it. You sit,you listen and do nothing." Her eyes squinted and she bit her lips.

"And to not respond to people who speak to me?" Her brow arches.

"I don't need you flirting with my clients,clear?"

I saw her close her eyes and I knew she was about to say something. I listened closely,hoping to hear.

"Crystal,sir." She whispered. She turned and left. As soon as she left I took the notepad and read everything she wrote down. She even put down points and details that I hadn't even heard during the meeting.

*Anne's pov*
"I hate this" I waved both my hands above my head,pacing in the small private room. "Its only been nine days but I feel like I'm going crazy."

"I hear you." Catherine relaxed in her bed,using her phone. I stormed in twenty minutes ago,in rage and needed to speak to someone.

"I hate him."I paused."No... I don't. I–I don't hate him,what am I saying."

"Sure.." Catherine drew the words she was saying. I rolled my eyes and snatched the phone from her hands. "Anne"

"You're suppose to listen to my problems. You know,its part of the job of being a best friend." I sat down on the edge of her bed.

"What did he say?"

"The question is what didn't he say. He  said I was flirting with someone." I got up again."I don't even know how to flirt!"

"Yeah,you do. Every woman thinks they don't know how to flirt but it comes naturally with being feminine."

"This has nothing to do with feminism. I can't flirt. I mean look at me."I held out my arms. "I am just a normal girl who just happened to talk to someone."