CHAPTER FIVE

*Anne's pov*

Stupid
Stupid stupid stupid!

Why?Why me? Particularly me? I asked myself. I was getting fired, there was no doubt. The CEO.

"The CEO. What was I thinking? How did I manage to spill coffee on him?"  I bent my head. No one seemed to be talking.

He walked ahead and left me trailing behind him. We walked in complete silence. He opened his door, and i moved slowly with my eyes attached to my feet. I didn't have the courage to look up at him.

Duncan walked over to his seat but he didn't sit, then i remembered his footwear, if i was really certain, which i was, i was sure those were... Louis Vuitton latest line.

And his watch would be worth... Thousands if not millions.

As he got to his seat, he gently took off his watch and put it on his desk. I started biting my nails.

"So... "his dark eyes rose from the perfectly arranged glass table but i couldn't hold his gaze."... What do you have to say for this?"

"I am extremely sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going and it was almost as if you came out of nowhere." I kept wondering how i wasn't shaking.

"This watch costs... It costs money. A lot of money." His voice could make you jump out of your skin

His eyebrows settled back into their normal place so i could tell he was fighting the nerve to shout at me. "You know I can fire you."

My throat started to lump. I felt like i was choking on my own saliva.

"What is your name? "He asked with almost zero interest in his voice.

"Annabell Branson Argent." I wiped away my tear. He remained silent for a while.

"You're what? Seventeen?" he asked.

"Twenty. I'm twenty years old"

"And you're here,working as a...?" He was expecting me to tell him.

"A janitor, Mr west"

He didn't look any less. I kept on nervously biting my nails.

"I can fire you, you know that don't you?" His deep masculine voice said once again.

"Yes." she sniffed again.

"But I won't." Hearing that my head flew up and I stared at him with his gorgeous face looking back at me.

He reached right next to his watch and took the tissue box. He looked at me one last time and saw me look him in the eyes for the first time.

He pressed a button on his machine and Catherine's voice answered

"Good morning Mr West."

"Coffee, NOW." Before Catherine could reply.

   Catherine was right, he was never nice to anyone. About three minutes of silence and the door opened slightly and someone walked in.

  Catherine healed a cup of coffee in her hands and she set it down on his table.

  Catherine turned around and saw me, she gave me an encouraging look before walking out. I knelt a few steps in front of him

"Get up." He instructed me and I did as he said, getting up quickly."Here."

He threw the tissue box at me and I caught it in one swift move.

"Thank you."

"Now leave. Don't give me another reason to fire you, miss Branson. You should know, I'm not a patient man." Going behind his desk, he sat on his leather chair.