CHAPTER FOUR

*Duncan's Pov*

"Wake up" I heard someone say but i wouldn't open my eyes. "babe, you're gonna be late." just after the voice said that sentence i felt a soft kiss on my lips.

"I'm awake. " I whispered. My eyes opened a little and i saw a blurry vision of a woman by my side.

My vision suddenly cleared." Althena. You're still here. "

"Yeah. I thought I'd stay here for the night. Maybe you could stay in today, it'd be great."

   She outlined my abs with her fingers. And her shiny blonde hair fell allover the pillow. she was tall and sexy,and her face was plastered over almost all the magazines.

   She was one of the highest paid models in the world. It made sense that she would be at the charity event i went to, now she was at my place.

"You mean not go to work? " I started getting up.

"Yeah Duncan. Can you put it all aside, for me?" she flashed me a smile.

"I'm sorry but I've got a Russian deal that I really need to close." I rushed off the bed leaving her alone."I'll see you later. Have anything you want. You could go shopping or something."

"Or something. When will you be back? " She sat up slowly, Fluffing her hair.

"Okay then! Have the chef make you breakfast and the driver can take you anywhere you need to go. Okay?" I leaned in and brushed my lips lightly on hers but before she could speak i walked into the shower.

*Anne's pov*

🎶 Lavender's green, dilly dilly, Lavender's blue. When I am queen dilly dilly you shall be queen-🎶

"That's a nice song." Catherine whispered by my ear and that made her jump like a fish in a bowl of hot water.

"Its a lullaby. Dad always used to sing it to us." I stated "Anyways, what's up?"

"Not much."she flashed an apologetic smile. "You're glowing. It's blinding me."

"Really?" I wrinkled my brows." I just feel like today is a good day."

"Maybe for you. " Catherine moved her skinny legs as she sat on a sofa by the side of the office. "These heels are slowly killing my feet. And it doesn't help that i have to run around all day."

Anne chuckled. "Is it really that bad?"

"Oh, it's worse." Catherine rubbed the part of her ankle that the strap of her heels held.

"I just feel like... " she waited

"... Quitting?" I finished the end of her sentence. "Then we won't get to see each other every day."

"That's the worst part" we held our hands together.

"Cat, but you love this place and you went through hoops to get here. Do you really want to quit?" My words got serious.

"I don't know..." she lumped her shoulders and raked her hair back with her hands. "I guess not. I'm so sorry, Anne. Here I am going on and on about myself when you have your problems."

   Rubbing her palms on her trousers, Catherine leaned in for a hug." Ooh! Almost forgot. "
She pulled a shopping bag that had 'Louis Vuitton' written on it.

"What is this?"

"I cleaned out my closet a few days ago I brought a few things for you. Just some stuff that I thought would look great on you." She shoved the bag in my hands.

"Oh my god." I touched the sleeve of a blue-grey sweater. It was big and made of cotton. "Its amazing." I pulled the collar and saw a price tag. "Wow! I can't take this. It's so expensive."

"You have to. There are other things in there too. They're some of my clothes that I bought but never wore."

"What?" Searching the bag, i turned to Catherine. "All these have tags on them. They're not your old clothes, you just both them."

"I never said they were old, I said 'some of my clothes'."

"Cat, the tags say August 5th 2010."

"so?" Catherine itch her brow. I threw my hands in the air.

"Today's August 7th. You bought these two days ago."

"Fine. I bought them for you. And you can't return them, okay?" she held my shoulders with both her hands." I love you that much." She kissed my cheek quickly. 

"Don't you have to be somewhere? "

"I actually do. Bye." I suddenly realised that she needed Catherine's clothes. I mostly loved wearing jeans, baggy sweaters and, so Catherine clothes were sort of amazing.

  I remembered when i was little,Whenever i felt sort of sad or  depressed i sort of imagined what my father would be like, my biological father. I had heard the story more than a million times.

  My dad met my mom, they fell in love at a young age and planned on starting their lives together when he died just when she got pregnant. Judith said she was planning to tell him as a surprise before he died.

   So she fled home, and started her life with me, before meeting camila's dad when he was returning from his service in the army. It was the perfect second love story, then Sean adopted me when he married judith. Fourteen years later, he went on his usual service and mom got the call that changed everything.

*Duncan's pov*

"Please accept my most sincere apologies, Mayor Lodge. Yes, i will make it up to you, without a doubt. You are welcome anytime. That's done. Yes, thank you." I pulled the latest iPhone from my ear, almost stressed, even though the day had barely began.

   I rested my body on the leather cushions at the back of my black G-wagon. I had a lot of cars, more than i could count. Most was given to me by my grandfather, who had lots of them, but just gave me most of them. Maybe it was because my grandmother always teased him about being too old to drive any of them.

*Anne's pov *

  A few hours later, i was done and i got dressed. Putting on my trousers and my sweater, i later wore my shoes and packed my Tangled hair in a bun and finally, wearing my beanie and getting ready to go to my second job.

   So as i shut the door behind me, i stumbled upon Lisa Hannigan, one of Catherine's friends. Catherine introduced me to Lisa a few days ago.

   Lisa was married and she recently adopted a baby boy named jack. She was just a normal thirty year old woman

"Oh, hey. " i stopped point blank.

"Are you done, already?" Lisa flipped her hair.

"Yeah, I'm just about to leave" I bent my head.

"See you tomorrow." we hugged and walked past each other, going in opposite directions.

   I accidentally dropped my phone and as it made contact with the ground, a small splat was heard. As i bent down to pick it up and rose up when i heard a splash. Like déjà vu, I suddenly felt hot water allover my shirt.

"Oh my." my teeth clutched together "Why is it always piping hot coffee." i saw a feature of two pair of feet on the floor with extremely expensive shoes.

   I slowly raised my head to see an amazing set of face. A face so handsome that for a second I held my breath. He had amazing cheekbones and his brown hair and matching eyes. His face was oval and smooth, he had full eyebrows and small eyes. He was gorgeous, but he was angry, with a death stare on his face.

   The company was so silent, you could hear yourself breathing. His right hand was dripping with coffee. Not just his hand but his watch.
One of his eyebrows arc, as if waiting for an explanation, but none came.

The horror of what happened played in my mind like a recorded tape and my hands began shaking uncontrollably. He was Duncan West

The CEO.