CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

*Duncan's pov*

   I breathlessly drank my bottle of water. I drowned half of it, dumping the container in a trashcan. I had just finished using the treadmills.

   The house gym was dead silent since I was the only one in it. I would always go for runs around the neighborhood even though I had a gym in my house,and the truth is that I love the fresh air but I decided to use my gym today because it was already dark out.

   My indoor gym was very spacious and it was equipped with all the things I needed like dumbbells, weightlifters etc.

   I put a towel around my neck and I was ready for a shower to call it quits for the day. I left the gym and went directly into my bedroom bathroom.

   Once out, I rushed to keep myself from soaking the carpets. I dried my hair with a towel and another was tied around my waist.

    I quickly got dressed in a plain blue shirt and shorts, walking towards my bed that was calling my name. I wrapped the blanket over me pulling out my laptop from the stand. I had last minute files I needed to send and read over.

   I opened some of the files, briefly reading through them one by one. The more I read the more my mind drifted off to different things and I couldn't stop it.

   Pretty soon, I was finding it hard to concentrate on what I was reading. My fingers ran on my damp hair and I liked the feeling of it on my fingers.

   Rubbing my entire face, I tried reading again but I just kept losing interest. A bunch on notifications popped up on the screen. I studied it for awhile and decided to open them. Maybe they would help clear my head.

   It was a notification from Instagram. A friend of mine made a post and Adrien also posted a picture of himself. I saw a lot of girls liking my page and I had a lot of fan pages and even I was curious about what goes on there.

    They just sit and talk about me all the time and they were mostly women. A ton of them message me all the time but I pay no attention to them. They were clingy and just wanted to be around me because I'm rich and I've appeared on magazine covers a lot as one of the worlds most young, famous and handsome businessmen.

   I didn't even know them. Most of them just wanted to sleep with me, i shook my head. My fingers went to the search bar and I started typing, I didn't even realize I had hit search.

   Her name came up second and I clicked on it but it was almost like my fingers had a mind of their own. My inner thoughts told me to stop but I was already looking through her posts.

  Her most recent post was of her and another woman. They were at this coffee place having lunch and I didn't even look at the other things, my eyes just glued on her.

   He stunning red hair was scattered on her shoulders and back and her little freckles seemed darker. Her eyebrows were full and carved and she wore light makeup. It was a bit sunny so her face was highlighted. Most of all, her green eyes sparkles in the sunlight in a mesmerizing shade of green.

   I broke from her stare, cursing myself for opening her page in the first place. I saw a picture of someone who looked like Miss Branson but instead of red hair and green eyes, she had blonde and innocent blue ones. I'm guessing her younger sister.

   I went further down to a year ago and that's when I saw a family picture. Miss Branson was sitting on a couch, her hair in a ponytail,next to an older man, probably in his early forties. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was holding her arm lightly. Next to who I guessed was her father,was an older woman.