CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

*Anne's pov*

"Thanks Debra" I clasped my hands together. Debra smiled back at me and resumed whatever she was doing on her computer. I didn't want to disturb her so I left her to return to my office.

   As I was walking, I said hi to a few other friends who I've met recently. I even got asked out a few times by really nice guys but I said I wasn't into dating. I pulled the sleeve of my deep green blazer. I matched it with a set of turtle neck black shirt and black pants.

   I loved wearing the color black, it always goes with everything. And lastly, my casual black boots. My hair was in a stylish way. It was down but I had some braided and they were all tied around each other in a beautiful way. It complimented my red hair and made it stand out more, courtesy of my mother.

   Just before I got in my office, I saw Adrien Argent. We had half of the same last name, which was hilarious. Adrien came into view and you could see the ladies on the floor were starting to give him dreamy eyes and side glances.

   He had his hair gelled back, wearing a blue and black complete three piece suit. He was looking great from head to toe. I was about to step into my office when I heard his voice.

"Miss Branson." He picked up his pace, jogging to me. I let go of the doorknob and waited in place until he reached me.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Good morning." Adrien straighten his blazer.

"Do you need something?"

"Uh..." He searched his thoughts."...yes"

"What is it?"

"I just wanted to know, how is miss jones?" He asked. This made me stand up straighter.

"Catherine?" He nodded when I asked.

"Yes. I know you're her friend and I just wanted to know how she's feeling. I heard she's at the hospital"

"She is in the hospital but she's fine now. She'll be out really soon."

"That's good." He smiled. His eyes looked down for a moment before they came back to mine. "That's good."

"Yeah."

"When you see her next, tell her I said to get well."

"Sure."

"Thank you, miss Branson."

"You're welcome." He wasted no time in moving forward,heading to mr west's office. That was strange,I had never seen catherine talking to mr argent and she has never mentioned him before.

*Duncan's pov*
I wasn't surprised when Adrien came into my office. Nowadays, he made visits anytime of the day and he would only stay for a few minutes. Naturally, Adrien was unpredictable. He unbuttoned his blazer so he could sit down freely.

"Hey."

"What do you want now, Adrien?" I relaxed in my seat. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Nothing. I just came to see you"

"How do you have some much free time on your hands? you run a company." I folded my hands.

"I have my ways, Duncan. You spend so much time in this office, I'm surprised you don't live in it already." He pointed and I chuckled.

"You know I love working. And by you have your 'ways', you mean a mountain of assistants, right?" I put the paper cup against my lips and drank some of the coffee.

"Well..." He pulled on his tie.

"I saw you talking to my assistant a few minutes ago." I blurted out.