CHAPTER SIX

*Flashback*
*Eight years ago*

"This is impossible" she slammed her recurve bow on the dark green grass outside. She felt frustrated and angry as her eyes scanned the target.

   She could smell something grilling in the house as she paced around in the backyard. Her jeans had a dark stain at the knee from when she fell. She used the sleeve of her black sweater to wipe her forehead

"Its not impossible, L'Amour" Sean whispered by her side. His freshly bathed face rubbed her cheek, he smelled like soap. Sean bent to meet her height and as he stood, he wore his jeans and one of his favorite s.w.a.t T shirt.

"I have been trying for an hour, Dad. And I haven't made a shot." She stomped around. Sean turned his back on her and smiled." Its definitely impossible"

"Just..." He walked back to her and held her hair. "...picture where you want your arrow to hit, focus on it." He picked up her recurve bow that had been made for her. Her named was engraved on it

"Thanks Dad." she  took the bow he offered. The cool window blew from the tree they stood under and her pony tail ruffled. She held her bow straight, with her arrows ready.

"Concentrer, Annabell." he said by her ear."Breathe"

She took a deep breath through her nose and exhaled out her mouth and felt it calm her nerves. Her eyes closed as she held the arrow just below the side of her eyes. Letting all thoughts slip through her mind, she let the arrow follow, hitting the target at the center.

*end of flashback*

*Anne's Pov*
   I continued scrubbing my hands in the sink of the company's restroom. Almost everything in the room was white and clean. I had finished working and I knew I had to find Catherine.
So I switched off the running water and made my way around. I found her outside her office, about to go in until she saw me.

"Anne, what are you doing here?" She opened the door and lead me in. Her office was nice. It had windows and a desk. There were two other seats in front of the desk. The main color was blue but it was a bit dull.

"Just came to see you before I went home." I watched as she carefully tried not to move her shoulder.

"Oh. Well, I still have something to do" Suddenly itching her brow

"So... How's the shoulder?" She gave me a tired look as if for me to stop."Well, you can't really expect me to forget it, can You?" I asked.

   Catherine made no effort to avoid me. She just couldn't say anything. My eyes shut closed and I exhaled heavily.

"I'm done. That thing is obviously getting worse every minute it spends like that. It looks uncomfortable and painful. So either you go to a hospital tomorrow or I will drag you myself." I meant every word I said and Catherine knew it.

"I hate you." She replied to me, still holding her bruised arm.

"I know." I walked over to her, held her close and hugged her. But I was careful not to hug her too tight. after letting her go, I said to her." I love you too."

*Duncan's pov*
   It was late already. The sun has completely gone down and everywhere was dark. The floor was dead silent and so was my office. I had a lot of late nights like these, some of them I didn't go home. I would fall asleep at my desk and keep on going.

   It wasn't easy running a multi billion dollar company. I had a reputation to keep up with. I expanded the business my family started and, I am known all over as the face of West Industries.

   The West named is highly known and we are praised for how well we have flourish in anything we set our minds to. Our Allies always stand by us but our enemies in business would love nothing more than to see us crumble to the ground. My great grandfather, Michael West, started this and our family will be damned if we let it fail.