VIII

As soon as the car had left Bruce's eyesight he turned around taking out his earpiece from his pocket. He had taken it earlier from his drawer back in the office. " Clark, Diana, I need you to come to Gotham, now!" he said.

After that, he quickly rushed to his car, where his suit was. He put it on then started driving his car to where the fight was going down. While he was driving Clark called him. " I'm on my way, what is it?" he asked.

" It's Metallo, he's wreaking havoc in the city," Bruce quickly said. " What! How? He was supposed to be locked down in S.T.A.R Labs," he replied. " I don't know, he escaped, he might've overridden his system, getting stronger and breaking free,"

Diana chimed in. " I'm five minutes away, how close are you Clark?" she asked. " I'm almost there," he replied. Bruce sighed. " You go deal with it, I'll go to S.T.A.R Labs, try to figure out what he has done,"

Superman and Wonder Woman agreed, all three speeding up to get to where they were going. Batman saw Superman diving in from the sky and punching Metallo as he neared the lab. He quickly got out rushing inside.

A part of the building was in pieces. It was the place where they use to keep him. Batman dived inside the lab. There were ruins everyone, all the machinery was destroyed.

" Help! Is someone there?" Someone called out in agony.

The voice was coming from over the computer ruins. Bruce rushed there, throwing away the pieces. A man wearing a white coat was revealed. He helped him up, reading his name tag. "What happened here?" Batman asked. The man looked in fear.

" He killed Carl! We were studying his systems, he was tied up. Then the system started giving alerts and before we know he had broken free. He started blowing up everywhere. He blasted Carl," The man exclaimed in frustration.

" What were you doing before he got out?" Bruce asked. " Looking at the details of his latest software, where his power source came from," the man answered. " Do you have a copy of what you were looking at?"

The man nodded. " Everything is synchronized, it should be in the database," he mumbled. Bruce then turned around and rushed out, pressing on his earpiece. " Alfred, tell me where S.T.A.R Labs stores their databases," he said.

" It's two stories down from where you are, should be on your left when you get down, sir," Alfred immediately replied. Bruce had spotted the stairs to his right, running down there. Just as Alfred said the room was easy to find. He picked the lock then sat on the computer. As he was searching through the files to find the exact one he took out his device to transfer them.

Meanwhile, Wonder Woman and Superman weren't having much luck. " He seems stronger," Diana said. " He is," Superman replied. " Doesn't matter, we have to stop him from harming anyone," she said.

After that, she dived toward the ground where Metallo was beaming kryptonite through his eyes, hitting a few buildings around. " I can't get close to him while he's doing that," Clark said as he grabbed a big piece of concrete falling from the beams of Metallo and about to hit civilians. Diana nodded, landing next to Metallo.

He turned the beam towards her and Diana crossed her arms protecting herself by her bracelets. When he was done she took a step forward throwing a punch. The robot seemed unaffected by it so she threw another one.

Metallo hit Diana sending her meters away. She quickly got up and took out her lasso, throwing it and capturing Metallo. That's when Superman flew to Metallo, hitting him repeatedly. The impact was on hard on him, parts of his body being destroyed but he beamed Superman at the last attempt.

Superman fell back being affected by the hit and the Kryptonite. Metallo then turned to Wonder Woman, ready to blast her. Just as he did Batman swooped in taking Diana and herself out of the way. " He has upgraded himself, he's stronger, but not unbeatable," he said.