XXVII

* 2 Years Later* 

Skylar turned around on the bed and took a deep breath. " That. Was. Amazing." she breathed out. Bruce chuckled as he gently started to massage her back. " Was it ever non-satisfactory?" he asked playfully.

She turned her around to face him. " You know what I mean," she said, rolling her eyes. He smirked. " I do now, you made a sound I've never heard before," he said and she gasped then immediately giggled as she hit him. " I guess I was really in the mode then," 

" Not that I'm complaining, but, you've been in the mode for it plenty recently," he said. She furrowed her brows. " What do you mean?" she asked. He shrugged. " You know that we've been at it recently more than we usually do, right?" 

Skylar bit down on her bottom lip. " Have we?" she asked. He nodded. " We have, again, I'm not complaining, just pointing it out," he said. " Huh," Skylar said as she started to list the times they had sex recently.

There was certainly an increase in her want for sex, she continually found herself aroused more than usual in the last weeks but she thought it was because of after starting to work at Wayne Enterprises as an intern and completely independent from Bruce,  her boss had definitely made her work hard and she resolved the work tension by sex. 

Seeing Bruce from time to time at the office and pretending like they weren't together in order not to compromise Skylar's position was a mutual decision, but hot damn, seeing him working in that suit all professional got her all fired up. That new cologne he got wasn't helping either.

There was also the fact that she was now a full-time Leauge member, the Leauge had expanded greatly in the last two years, but the increasing numbers didn't mean fewer responsibilities and the ability to control fire came in handy more than one would think so, so Skylar had another quite busy job too.  Which only got her tense too, and the solution was the same as the other.

" Well, I am sorry you are so darn irresistible," she joked. Bruce leaned in and gave her a quick kiss. " You're the one to talk," he said. She chuckled at him. " Anyway, we better get some sleep now, we have work in a couple of hours," she yawned.

He was the one to chuckle now. " We could have gotten an extra hour of sleep if not for," he started to say but she shushed him off and he smirked. " Fine, fine," he said playfully.

A lot had changed in Skylar's life in the past two years. She had graduated from Gotham University with both of her majors and a pretty good GPA. Because of her resume, she got hired at Wayne Enterprises immediately.

She did tell Bruce that she didn't want any special treatment, to treat her ordinarily during work. She didn't want people thinking she got to where she was because she was technically dating the boss, no, she got where she was because of what she had done. 

Bruce had agreed, he was aware of how women were usually treated in workplaces and although he still did his best to change that mindset in his business, he sadly had no power over how people chose to believe a woman was only successful because of her connections to a man rather than simply because of their intelligence and talent.

So, the only people who knew Skylar was Bruce's girlfriend at work were Claire, Gavin, and Lucius Fox. He was Bruce's right-hand man at Wayne Enterprises and the one who handled the business when Bruce had 'other' things he needed to take care of. Lucius was aware of everything and he was helping Bruce a lot. But neither he nor Bruce had anything to do with Skylar being hired at Wayne Enterprises.

She simply applied on her own and the paperwork went through the minor executives, they called her in for interviews and she never came face to face with neither of them during the process. So she was now working for someone called Jimmy who worked for Gavin.