XLI

Skylar and Damian talked for a couple of hours. Catching up. Talking about themselves. Getting to know each other. They were mother and son and even though they couldn't be that until now, they were sure as hell going to be so in the future.

After Damian went to sleep Skylar found Bruce. He had been in the kitchen with Alfred and they were talking. He was probably explaining everything to him. " I put him to bed," Skylar said as she walked next to them.

They both looked surprised. " And he went?" Alfred asked, confused. " Without rejection?"

She nodded. " Yeah. Why? Why are you all so surprised?" she asked. Bruce and Alfred shared a look. " Well, it's only 1 AM, he never goes to sleep if he knows he can go out," he replied.

She shrugged and smiled. " I told him I wanted to take him out tomorrow and he went to sleep without any fight," she said. Alfred grinned. " You really are the Wayne whisperer," he mused. Skylar couldn't contain her laughter.

" Anyways, I must be excused now. I have grown quite old, as I'm sure you youngsters can see, and need my sleep. Goodnight," Alfred abruptly said and got up.

Bruce smiled after him, he knew Alfred. No matter how old he got he always had their backs and he was doing this on purpose, giving him and Skylar some space.

Bruce turned to Skylar. " So it went well?" he asked. She nodded. " Oh, Bruce. He's amazing, more than I could ever imagine. He's perfect," she grinned. " Yeah," he mumbled.

Her amused face disappeared. " He did talk to me, you know... About how he felt, when he first got here. Your relationship since then," Skylar continued.

That got Bruce's attention. " I... I couldn't do it. Properly. Not without you. Everytime, everytime I looked at him, I only saw you. I know it's not an excuse," he muttered. He looked up to her eyes. " I couldn't do it without you," he repeated, his voice cracking.

He was crying. That was the first time she ever saw him cry. He hugged her waist as he silently kept on crying. Skylar hugged him back and kissed the top of his head. " I'm here now, Bruce, I'm here now,"

They went back to the bedroom after a while. " I had dreams," Skylar said after they entered the room. Bruce turned to her confused. " I had dreams when I was a prisoner. About you and me, and you and Damian. My favorite was I'd walk into the room and see you and him passed out. He was a newborn, so little, and sleeping on your chest. It was adorable," she explained.

Bruce sat on the edge of the bed. " We lost too much time," he sighed. She nodded. " I know, I don't intend to lose anymore," she replied. He looked up to her. " Neither do I," he said in a low tone. He brushed his hand against Skylar's hand.

Skylar was on her feet and she looked at him. She slowly sat on his lap as his hands wrapped around her body. She caressed his cheek with one of her hands while the other one went inside his hair.

She loved him. So much. And they were together now. Their son was safe. Nothing was stopping them this time. She remembered how much she wished for him during those months in captivity. She had missed him too much.

And finally, she was home.

" I love you," she whsipered. Without giving him a chance to respond she leaned down and pressed her lips against his. He immediatly responded. Oh god, how much she missed kissing him and his hands travelling around her body.

His hands came to her shirt and he ripped it open. As soon as she was out of that shirt, he grabbed her waist and turned them around, getting on top of her. He kept on kissing her fiercely and Skylar had never felt happier.