XXXII

Later that day Batman, Robin, and Firegirl went back home. After eating dinner Bruce silently went down into the Batcave as the others watched him go. Skylar turned to Dick. " He's mad, isn't he?"

Dick shrugged. "I don't see why, you kicked ass in there, maybe he's jealous," he responded. Skylar rolled her eyes. " Yeah, sure," she replied. Alfred sighed as he sat right across from Skylar. He gave a look to Dick. After a moment, Dick sighed and got up.

" He's not mad," Alfred said. Skylar looked at him confused. " He's not?" she mumbled. Alfred took a deep breath. " You see, Master Wayne had a, uhm, difficult past. It takes a long time for him to open up to someone else and even a longer time to trust them. Unfortunately, he has lost many loved ones. Now he has you and he is about to become a father. I know him since he was in diapers, he's not mad, he's terrified,"

Skylar bit her lower lip nervously. " He's terrified because he allowed himself to be happy after so long and he doesn't want to lose it. Especially after losing so much his whole life. I know today was just training, but it could not have been. You and your unborn baby could have gotten hurt. That is his worst nightmare right now. The life he built for himself, the happiness, the love he allowed himself being taken away,"

After Alfred stopped speaking both of them sat in silence for a while. Skylar knew Bruce had a hard life and it was hard for him to open up and let someone in. She also got his fear of losing her and their baby, god knew she had the same fears as well.

" I'll talk to him," she mumbled and got up. " Good luck," she heard Alfred said as she made her way over to the Batcave. Bruce was sitting on the chair and looking at the screen. She stopped at the monitor and lightly leaned on it, crossing her arms.

" Are you okay?" she asked. Bruce didn't look away from the screen as his hands were under his chin and he wore his classic emotionless face. " Shouldn't I be asking you that?" he replied to her question.

Skylar chewed down on her bottom lip for a while before speaking again. " I'm better now, the nausea and all of that are gone," she mumbled. " Good," Bruce muttered. Skylar gathered that he didn't want to talk about that thing now.

" Uhm, something happened today, before," she sighed. That definitely got his attention as he turned his chair and was now directly looking at her. " Yeah?" he said. " I was with some girls, from the office. Hannah invited me, we interned together for a while,"

" Anyway, her friends were talking when we got there. They know you have a girlfriend and that she works at Wayne Enterprises. They don't know that it's me but said that they heard Claire talking on the phone about helping you pick a gift for me and a minor executive talking on the phone and jokingly saying 'dating the boss gets you off the hook',"

Bruce lightly tapped his fingers to his chin as he thought. " I'm assuming Gavin is the minor executive?" he asked. Skylar shrugged. " Probably, he's the only one he knows beside Lucius and Claire,"

" Would that be a problem?" she finally asked. Bruce tilted his head. " Why would it be? I'm only concerned about how it might backfire on you, we've talked about this," he replied. She took a deep breath. " I know, but I don't think it will be such a big problem, I'm getting along well with everyone and I'll have to leave for maternity leave soon anyway,"

" If you say so," Bruce replied. Honestly, Skylar didn't see the point in hiding their relationship anymore. They had been together for a little over than two years now, it wasn't a fling. Besides, they were going to have a child together and there was the whole secret superhero thing they did together.

And Skylar loved Bruce. So much. She didn't care what others would possibly say about her and her relationship to him, she was happy with her life and nothing could ruin it.