XX

The guy was holding a gun to Bruce. He had spotted Skylar being held by a larger man in the corner of his eye. " If you don't want this to get ugly, I suggest you let the lady go and fuck off," Bruce spat.

The guy smirked. " I don't think so tough guy, what are you going to do? Give me money to let her go? No chance," he replied. Bruce sighed, taking a step toward him. He couldn't do his usual gig, it'd draw too much attention but he was not going to let some strangers kidnap Skylar.

Quickly he hit the guy's arm, causing him to drop his gun. He seemed surprised at the action but recovered fastly, going in to punch Bruce. He avoided it and threw another in response. His back was now turned to Skylar and the guy holding her.

" Was that enough or do you want more?" he taunted. The guy spat blood to the floor. " I didn't think this was how it was going to go down, but fine, let's go, man," he responded. He went at Bruce and two started sparring.

Within a minute the guy was on the floor and Bruce was beating the shit out of him. But then something hit Bruce's head, causing him to fall to his side. The guy he was beating quickly got up. " Cmon! Let's go," he exclaimed, pulling the larger guy.

The two raced to the same vehicle, getting in and speeding away. Bruce got up, trying to read the license of the vehicle. He then took a deep breath and rushed to the car, to see how the driver was doing. He had passed out but still had a pulse.

He took out his phone and called 911, informing them about the accident and then he ended the call, looking around. He spotted a dark valley and ran there. Once he was out of sight, he put on his earpiece and teleported to the Watchtower. " This is Batman, I need everyone who's available to come in, now," he spat. Then he went to the computer they had there, trying to search the plate.

" Man, what the fuck? This better be important," Hal said, teleporting in. Bruce didn't answer as he kept on looking at the files. " What's going on?" Clark asked, joining in. " The fuck I know, he's not answering," Hal spat.

Clark sighed, walking over to Bruce. " What the hell happened to you?" he asked once he got close enough to see him. " Yeah, shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?" Hal taunted. Bruce sighed.

" Someone kidnapped her," he replied. " Someone kidnapped Skylar?" Diana asked entering the room. Then the system alerted Bruce. The vehicle that hit them was a stolen one, not that Bruce expected anything less. He started looking through the video footage, of the direction they went off too.

As he automated the system to look for the car he got up, facing the rest of the Leauge who were there. " We were going back to the hotel, someone hit us. Two guys. One of them hit my head, gaining time to run away," he explained.

" But why would anyone try to kidnap your girlfriend?" Hal asked. " Maybe to ask him for money? Didn't you publicize your relationship?" Diana asked, causing Bruce to remember the paparazzi when they were leaving the hotel.

He shook his head. " I don't know, the men didn't seem that interested in me," he replied. " I bet that's the first time you're experiencing that," Hal smirked, and everyone turned to him to give a glare.

" Maybe it was just to top you off of your game, they could call you for it later on," Diana suggested. " Actually," Clark sighed, " I might know why," he said. Bruce turned to him, furrowing his brows. " Enlighten us then,"

Clark crossed his arms. " Remember a few months ago you said all the people who were kidnapped when our cities were attacked tested positive for the meta-gene? And the reason we know was because that they were all employers of Lex, and he had them tested secretly?" he asked.