XXXI

The weekend at Central City went pretty great. The opening of the new exhibition at the Flash museum was exciting and as promised everyone attended. They were in their costumes of course but they all stood beside Barry as he received the key of the city.

On Monday Skylar started to work with her new position. Since she graduated with a minor on International Relations she was now working in the Internatıonal Management division in which they overlooked the new investment opportunities, reports of ongoing projects, and all the details of everything outside of U.S.A.

She was now on a different floor with a cubicle all to herself. Gavin was no longer her superior although Alex, her new boss, was nice enough. She was very helpful and walked Skylar through everything she didn't know.

Hannah, someone Skylar met during the beginning of her internship, also worked in the same department. They spent about one month and a half when Skylar first started and could be considered friends but she had gotten the promotion and had a fallout. Now they were friendly again.

Close to the end of her shift Hannah approached Skylar's cubicle. " Some of us are going to the place by the street after work, care to join?" she asked. Skylar smiled, " Sure, who'll be there?" she asked back. Hannah shrugged.

" Jessica is coming too, I think you met her before. But don't worry, all the girls are very nice," she explained. " Alright, sounds fun," Skylar replied. " Great, see you in thirty," Hannah smiled and walked away.

Skylar took out her phone and texted Bruce that she was going out with some friends from the office and that she would come home later on her own. They usually went home together unless they had to attend their other 'jobs'. Bruce texted back a playful remark that she was replacing him already and for her to have fun.

As planned Skylar met up with Hannah half an hour later and together they walked to the pub Hannah told her. When they went inside they went straight to a table where three girls were seated.

" Yeah, yeah, get this! She works at Wayne Enterprises as well," one of the girls were saying when Skylar and Hannah reached the table. " Oh my god, what is going on?" Hannah asked as she sat. The girl shrugged. " Apparently boss has a girlfriend, and she works with us,"

Hannah furrowed her brows. " Wait, The boss boss? Mr.Wayne?" she asked. The same girl nodded. Skylar was shocked at what the girl was saying, she thought they had been careful and didn't know how it could have gotten out. But it seemed like they didn't know who she was, yet.

" Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce you. This is Skylar, she just got promoted to my department. This is Jessica, I think you already met. And these are Beth and Kate. Kate is our gossip queen, there is not a thing that sweeps by her," Hanna said as she introduced everyone.

Skylar smiled. " Nice to meet you," she said. She got hello's, nice to meet you's, and smiles from the girls. " Anyway, as I was saying, it's legit. But I have yet don't know whether they met at work or it was from before," Kate said.

" How do you know it's legit?" Skylar asked. Kate shrugged. " Some girls at the office told me. Apparently, they heard some minor executive talking on the phone that dating the boss gets you benefits from work or something and one time I heard Claire talking on the phone about assisting Mr.Wayne to get a gift for his girlfriend on the toilet,"

Jessica smiled and leaned toward Skylar. " Claire's Mr.Wayne's assistant," she said. " Oh, okay," Skylar said as she forced a smile and tried to play dumb. " I don't know, it doesn't seem a hundred percent," Hannah said as she leaned back. " The minor executive could've been talking about anyone, so far all we know is that Mr.Wayne has a girlfriend,"