XXI

Skylar had fallen asleep leaning on her knees and arms. She woke up with the loud sound coming from outside. She stood up, walking to the glass door, trying to see what was going on.

The room they were in was empty. She looked up. " What's going on?" she asked. Gavin was sitting down, looking bored. He sighed. " Probably some newbie that came is causing a problem, they should take care of it soon," he replied.

Then Skylar heard a big explosion sound, looking up once more time with a smirk. " Does that sound like a newbie problem?" she asked. Gavin seemed surprised at it too, he had gotten up and was looking out.

She could see the room and the voices of something happening were coming from outside. She looked at the door and suddenly the door was thrown out. Someone had grabbed it from the outside, pulled it and unattached it from its place. 

Skylar's heartbeat sped up, she didn't know who was on the other side. Whether they were bad guys or not. " That doesn't seem good," Gavin murmured. She gulped, trying to see who it was.

Relief washed over her when she spotted Superman and Wonder Woman coming through the door.  The two heroes looked around the room and when Superman spotted Skylar he sped up to her cell.

He touched his earpiece. " We found the hostages," he said then looked at Skylar, smiling. She couldn't help but smile as they shared a look. She was saved. If he was here that meant Bruce was too. It was over.

Superman grabbed the handle of the door and pulled it, opening the door. She walked out of it happily. She wanted to hug Clark for saving her and ending this nightmare, but she knew she shouldn't. 

As she waited Superman and Wonder Woman quickly freed everyone from their cells. There were sixteen people there in total, minus for Skylar, Diana and Clark. " What's this on your necks?" Diana asked angrily.

" Inhibitor Collars, keeps us unable to use our powers," Gavin replied. Diana furrowed her brows, stepping closer to him and examining it. " That's just inhumane," she murmured, putting her hands on it and breaking it open.

Gavin took a step back, breathing in heavily. " Thanks," he managed to say. Diana smiled in response. " Let's get these out," she murmured, walking to someone else and doing the same thing. 

Clark gave a look to Skylar. " May I?" he asked. She nodded hesitantly. What if she would burst into flames the second Clark took it off? She held her breath and closed her eyes as he broke it open.  When she opened them again, she immediately looked at her hands. They were fine, she wasn't in flames.

She took a deep breath of relief as Clark moved on to the next person, breaking them free of their collar. When it was all done, he floated to the air, gaining attention. " Follow us, we're going to get you out of here," he ordered.

The group started to follow them. There were two people in particular who weren't in shape to walk or even stand, due to the torture to activate their genes, so Superman and Wonder Woman were carrying them.

They got out of the building. Martian Manhunter was standing with someone else, who seemed like he was almost going to pass out. " We need to get these people medical attention," he said, greeting his colleagues and pointing the people.

" I agree," Superman said glancing at them. Then he furrowed his brows, like he was hearing something. The three started to talk among themselves while Skylar turned to Gavin. He didn't seem alright.

She walked up to him. " Hey, are you alright?" she softly asked. He looked at her. "No," he mumbled. " I'm afraid I'll hurt someone, this is too much," he started panting. " Shh," Skylar murmured, kneeling down beside him and making him look at her.