XV

The next couple of weeks went simple for Skylar. She attended some classes, studied, read some book and hang out with Bruce a few times. They watched all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit movies.

It wasn't as awkward as Skylar thought it would be. They were both playing off like nothing happened and just being their usual selves. Of course, there were times when Skylar had caught onto what Lois would call 'sexual tensions'. 

Other than that the times they spent together were fun. They would joke around, watch movies, talk about them and their lives, eat food and genuinely have a good time. They also talked about Christmas too, since it was in a few days, and Skylar learned that he wasn't celebrating it, ever since he became an orphan anyway.

With that in mind, Skylar felt bed. She had already ordered a gift for him online, a copy of Machiavelli's The Prince, but it was supposed to be one of the first editions of the book, from when it originally came out in the 16th century. 

He had mentioned that he liked to read his works and the only thing Skylar could think of to buy him was this. It did cost her a small fortune but in the end, it was worth it. 

It was also snowing throughout the country and it seemed like she wouldn't be able to go home because of the weather. Her parents had also told her that it was okay and that they would be more than happy to have a Christmas just by themselves. She hadn't decided what she was going to do that day, maybe she could spend it with Bruce, if he had no other plans. She'd see.

That day, even though the snowy day outside urged Skylar to stay in and cuddle in bed all day along with a movie she knew she had to go out. The day before she was informed her gift for Bruce had arrived and she had to go pick it up. She also had a couple of other things to do as well.

On her way there Bruce called her, to confirm about their movie night, again. This time they were going to watch Star Wars. Thankfully Bruce had seen the first three movies, much to Skylar's surprise because cmon, the man hadn't got a clue on everything else, so they were going to watch the next one.

Skylar approved, saying while she was out she was going to get some popcorn and ginger ale to go along with it. He really got her hooked up on those things. Which led Bruce to ask where she was, she answered which then lead Bruce to ask if she wanted to come over to Wayne Tower for a coffee.

She asked whether he was sure, it'd be public in a way but Bruce said that it was okay, it was his office anyway and she'd been there before. He asked her to tell him once she was there so he could greet her. She was grateful for it, given the last time she was there.

After quickly getting his gift she made her way over to Wayne Tower. The air was cold and the tip of her nose had already gotten a little red from it. Luckily, she didn't forget to wear her gloves so her hands for fine, at the moment.

She took a deep breath as she entered the building. To Skylar's luck, the same security guard from the last time was there, again. "Oh, great, you again," he mumbled, giving her a look. Skylar opened her mouth so say something but she got cut off.

" I thought I was being clear with you, you can't be here," Claire said, holding a cup of coffee. She had her coat on which meant that she was coming from outside. She was also holding two other cups of coffee in the takeout bag. 

Skylar eyed the coffees she had in her hand while the guard looked between them. " I'm sorry Miss Jackson, I told her that but she seems persistent," the guard said. Claire smiled at the guard then turned back to Skylar. " I really don't want neither Mr.Wayne or authorities to hear this so I'm going to ask you once more time, don't come here again or,"