VIIII

A week had passed since Metallo's attack. After Bruce sent Skylar abruptly he had called her two days later. He told her that he was sorry they had to cut the lunch short and he had been busy. Skylar replied that it was okay, she had been occupied herself as well, and whether he was okay.

They met up once for a quick coffee within that week. Bruce apologized again, saying he had a lot to do but he was going to make up for it, for finally accepting to watch the movies Skylar wanted him to watch. They decided on the next evening for it.

Skylar had made some popcorn as she waited for Bruce to come up. He showed up just as she was almost done making the popcorn. She opened the door. " Hey," she said as Bruce came in, half hugging her then walking in. "You get to the couch, the popcorn's almost done," she said.

Bruce nodded, taking off his jacket and sitting. " So what we are watching?" he asked. Skylar huffed. " Since you like cars and driving and stuff, I thought your introduction to pop culture would start best with the Fast and Furious," she said as she sat next to him, passing him a bowl of popcorn and ginger ale.

He looked at the beverage he handed him then at her. " What?" she bluntly asked before realizing why he was confused. " Oh, I remembered you mentioned you prefer to drink ginger ale instead of alcohol and stuff so I bought some for you," she said as she put on the movie. Bruce watched her for a moment with a surprised look on his face before turning to the screen, trying to focus on the movie.

" No, I hardly think that'd happen in real life," Bruce muttered. Skylar turned to him in disbelief. " Why not?" she asked. " It's impossible, the car was supposed to roll over at that speed with that maneuver," he explained.

She rolled her eyes. " Well, uhm, this is a movie," she mumbled. " Why is it called 'Fast and Furious'?" he asked. " Because they drive fast and he gets furious," she replied. " Great explanation," Bruce chuckled.

Skylar turned to him. " You ask a lot of questions during a movie," she pouted. Bruce smiled. " Sorry," he replied. " I'll turn off my logic," he added. She smiled at him. " Okay,"

After the movie ended Skylar turned to him. " So? What do you think?" she asked. Bruce shrugged. " They made six more movies?" he responded. " Seven actually," Skylar mumbled. Bruce looked at her in shock. " Wow," he whispered she broke out into laughter. " What? They're entertaining!"

They talked about the movie a bit more than about various other things. " There's something I wanted to ask you," Bruce suddenly said with a more serious tone. " I don't know if you know it but tomorrow's an event. It's Gotham's founding day. I have to go," he said.

" I promise if you invite me I won't stand you up this time," Skylar chuckled. Bruce faintly smiled. " Yes, but a friend of mine will join the event as well with his girlfriend. They're both reporters from Metropolis and they need to do an interview with me. Would that be a problem for you?" he asked.

Skylar shook her head. " No, I've only met one of your friends so far and he seemed nice enough," she replied. " Good, I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow then?" he asked. She nodded, " I'll be ready,"

The next day Skylar attended two classes then rushed back home to start getting ready. She was excited to meet Bruce's friends. He was reluctant to talk about his private life and she didn't force him.

She picked out a dress, a long white one with long sleeves where it had a bit off a reveal on her back and chest. It seemed elegant enough to attend the kind of event Bruce mentioned.

About ten minutes were left when Bruce called her, asking whether she was ready. He was close to her house. Skylar quickly finished off what she was doing, slipped on her heels and went downstairs.