XVIII

" Okay, I packed a little bag, we're only staying for a night, right?" Skylar asked on the phone, talking to Bruce. " Yeah, I have to be here on Monday, so we have to head back on Sunday evening,"

She mumbled an okay as she looked over her bag, checking if something was missing. " I'll be downstairs in about ten minutes," Bruce said. " Okay," she replied, still evaluating the bag. It seemed like everything she'd need for a weekend was there.

When she went out ten minutes after her phone call with Bruce she couldn't spot the usual black car. But then a sportscar on the side of the road gave a quick horn.

Skylar turned to the car angrily, to shout back in case it was a catcall, but the window rolled down to reveal Bruce with a black sunglasses, smirking at her.

" No driver today?" she said when she walked toward the car. He tilted his head. " No," he said. " Alright then," she replied, walking to the other side and getting inside.

She put her bag between her legs, luckily it was a small one. Bruce started driving as soon as she closed the door. " Are we driving to Central City?" she asked.

" No," Bruce smiled, " Although this car can probably get us there faster than the usual, flying would get us there faster," he said. " Did you buy us tickets?" Skylar asked.

Then she took a deep breath. " Wait, let me guess, we're not flying the usual way," she said. Bruce chuckled. " Yeah," he said. " The flight takes about three hours, so it'll be around 3 when we land, then we'll have two hours to first get to the hotel then to the reception," he explained.

They went to the airport but rather than parking the car Bruce kept driving, through to the back of the airport and Skylar eyed him curiously. " Where are we going?" she asked. " VIP Section," he replied nonchalantly.

" You have a private jet?" Skylar exclaimed and not long after she said it a black jet came into view. " What am I saying, of course, you do," she sighed and Bruce chuckled. He then parked his car close to the jet and got out. She followed him.

He greeted the captain waiting for them then got inside of the jet. " Wow," she whispered, looking inside of it. It was luxurious, not that she expected anything less. " I've never flown in business let alone a private jet," she commented. " Well, get used to it," Bruce said, kissing her cheek and taking her bag away from her and putting it on one of the empty seats.

Twenty minutes later they were in the air. The hostess had given them drinks and snacks. " Wait, I've realized that you never told me how you know Barry," Skylar said, sipping from her drink. Bruce smirked, instead of giving an answer, and just gave her a look.

She gasped loudly once the realization hit her. " SHUT UP! NO!" she yelled. " I met The Flash? And he met ME?" she whispered, or tried to, to avoid the others on the plane from hearing it. " And I AM attending his wedding?" she continued.

Bruce kept on smirking. " Yes, yes, and yes Sky, you are," he replied. " Oh my god, I can't believe this," she exclaimed, internally fangirling for a moment. She was from Central City, Flash was her city's hero.

It was a big deal, plus, he had saved her life once. She didn't exactly remember how, but at a school trip Captain Boomerang decided to pay the museum they were visiting a trip, and Flash saved her and her friends from getting hurt.

" You're done?" Bruce asked after a while with an amused expression. Skylar rolled her eyes. " Yes," she mumbled. " Oh, so I guess that explains how Iris West always got the exclusive," she said. He nodded. " I suppose, they always give the exclusive to their girlfriends," he sighed.

Skylar furrowed her brows, " They?" she asked. Then she remembered the time Bruce said something along the lines of ' saving reporters in distress' and it clicked. " SHUT THE FUCK UP, REALLY?" she burst out.