Brewing Friendships

Love, it's so beautiful, yet so dangerous. It's something we can't define yet we die for it, we live for it, we change for it. It's like a never extinguishing flame of passion, understanding, joy. That flame can either provide you with warmth but on other times it could burn everything to ashes. There is one thing for sure, one can only learn to live if they learn to love. Everyone should experience love at least once in their life. Love.

So you must be confused as to what I'm talking about. Let's go back in time to a month ago. To the time when I first met him. 25th January, 2020, I was sitting in a coffee shop, minding my own business, listening to music and pondering over life, like I usually am; when he caught my eye, Min Yoongi. Now I know most of you must be thinking, there is no such thing as love at first sight, and yes I have the same belief. But I didn't fall for his looks, I fell for his aura, the way he moved, the way he talked and the way his warmth drew me to him. I am the kind of person who seeks their identity in toughness but it was his warmth that drew me to him.

"Can I sit here? The rest of the café is occupied" He asked in his somewhat deep and husky voice which seemed so calming, like I could listen to him talk about literally nothing and it would be music to me. "Yeah, sure" I replied nonchalantly. He pulled out the chair, right opposite to me and took a seat, placing his stuff and coffee on the table. I took out my earphones to be respectful. I monitored his movements from the corner of my eyes. He had soft, slightly feminine features. His soft hair fell messily on his forehead, I resisted the urge to run my hands through them. My gaze fell to his eyes, which made me realize that his two dark brown orbs were looking at me. I felt slightly small under his gaze but I managed to flash a warm smile at him which he immediately reciprocated. "My name is Min Yoongi, nice to meet you." He spoke up, holding his hand out. "I am Jeon Jungkook, nice to meet you as well" I responded in my shy voice, shaking his hand, allowing his warmth to enter mine. I slowly let go of his hand, slightly sad at the cold air replacing his warmth. Soon the introduction fell into a nice conversation. We shared our interests, hobbies, dreams and goals. I was quick to realize that I felt comfortable opening up around him. Something about him felt so welcoming. Soon the conversation took a turn and we began talking about life and all that it brought, love, struggles, hardships and so on. Oh but the way he talked about love was so beautiful. When he talked it's like even love fell for him. I am the kind of person who keeps their struggles to themselves and tries to put up a perfect and composed image but all my emotions poured out in front of him, almost naturally. He was the only person I showed my raw self to.

Then came the time I dreaded the most, goodbyes. Goodbyes are very interesting, sometimes they bring joy, sometimes pain and sometimes both. I was sure about one thing and that was, that I didn't want him to leave, I wanted time to stop in this moment but that was just a desire that could never be fulfilled. "I had a nice time talking to you, would you maybe want to exchange numbers?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck nervously. I felt slight joy knowing that we could talk again and that reflected on my face in the form of a warm smile. He pulled out his phone and unlocked it, handing it to me. I grabbed it and entered my number. "I look forward to hearing from you again" I said gathering my stuff. He just smiled and pulled me into a hug. I have to admit I was taken aback and was completely flustered. His warm embrace felt nice and then he whispered lowly, "Stay strong Jungkook" and that brought a smile to my face and a blush to my cheeks. He pulled away from the hug which caused me to let out a silent whine. I looked up to him and smiled, "You too Yoongi" I responded before picking my stuff and walking out the café.