Spilled Truths

I looked down at the floor which seemed a thousand times more interesting. After a moment of silence, he spoke up and asked the question I was dreading.

"How did you get these wounds, Jungkook?" he spoke with worry laced in his tone. I cleared my throat trying desperately to say something but my body failed to respond. Tears stung my eyes as I slowly met his eyes, my lip quivering. It was almost as he read my mind and he pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. All the barriers I had put up fell down and tears began flowing down my cheeks. The tears that I shed in complete isolation, I was now shedding in front of him. I have to admit it felt good to cry in his arms as he ran his hands through my and rubbed my back in reassurance. After gaining my composure I pulled away from the hug, wiping away my tears and sniffling. He observed my every movement with great concentration. I sat down comfortably while fidgeting with my fingers. He noticed my obvious nervousness and so he placed his hand on mind and gave me a warm smile. His action gave me courage and so I spoke up, "I have these bruises courtesy to my mother. Ever since my father left us 5 years ago she began abusing me if I failed to perform. I was young and so I began plunging into darkness and frustration. The only way I could release this frustration was by- "my voice cracked and my throat seized up. I couldn't bring myself to show him my weak and broken self but I just couldn't lie to him. He had shown me his vulnerable self yesterday and it only seemed fair that I should do the same. The fear that he would hate me and leave me was consuming me. I waited for a reaction but he just sat there staring at me. I chewed on my lip nervously, thinking of some way to release some of the awkwardness in the air.

"I'm so sorry you have to go through all that."He sympathized. I smiled sadly and spoke, " It's okay, I'm used to it." He shook his head, "You shouldn't be, no one deserves this. Especially not you." I just flashed a smile at him and stood up. " Would you like a coffee?" I asked and he nodded in response. I went off to make the coffee. As I returned he was scrolling through his phone. I put down the coffee in front of him and he looked up and me and muttered a thanks. I sat down and began sipping on my coffee. After a while he spoke up, "You can always call me up when you want to talk to me. I'm always here for you, like a brother." I never knew such comforting words could hurt so much. Brother. That was what I was to him. Why was I hurting? It's not like I had feelings for him. Right? His voice snapped me out of my thoughts,"Earth to Jungkookie" he said, waving his hand in front of my face."Jungkookie?" I laughed. "Shush, it's cute. WAIT kookie is even better. Little Kookie." He said excitedly. I laughed, pink dusting my cheeks. "I wonder what I should call you? Hyungie?" I joked. He nodded, "I don't mind, I am older than you after all" I giggled and responded, "I will never call you that" We joked around for a while until we were interrupted by the ringing of his phone.