New Beginnings, Old Doubts

NEXT MORNING

I woke up to Jin Hyung talking to Yoongi. His voice sounded excited. I could also hear Yoongi whispering trying to calm the older down, "Hyung, please shh he's still sleeping." He said. I turned over, longing to feel Yoongi's warmth in this cold bed. I whined and got up, walking out the door still half asleep. Jin hyung's face lit up at my sight. He jumped to me and pulled my sleepy figure into a bone-crushing hug. "Hyung I have to breathe" I choked out. He pulled away a little embarrassed, red tinting his cheeks. "I'll go make breakfast" he said skipping off to the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes, yawning a little. "Did my bun sleep well?" he said; catching me off guard. I nodded shyly, blushing ever so slightly. The both of us sat on the table as Jin hyung served us his signature breakfast. I was thoroughly enjoying the well-made breakfast. "Are you guys ready for your date today?" Jim hyung exclaimed with excitement clearly laced in his voice. I choked on my breakfast upon hearing his words. Then I looked over at Yoongi who had his eyes glued to his plate, with the slightest tint of red on his cheeks. Wait! Min Yoongi is blushing!! OH! MY! GOD! I caught myself staring at Yoongi, unable to tear my eyes away from him.

I guess he felt my gaze on him, and so he looked up to meet my eyes. I quickly turned away and picked up the empty dishes; using them as an excuse to get away from the tension that was rising between me and Yoongi. When I came back I saw Jin hyung alone in the sitting area. I looked around for Yoongi. "He went home to get changed for your date" hyung said, noticing my longing for him. I sat down and thought for a while, contemplating and hesitating on the words that I wanted to say, "Hyung, can you help me with dressing up. I want to look good for Yoongi." I muttered, scratching the nape of my neck nervously. Jin hyung's eyes lit up and he shot up from his seat in excitement. "I thought you'd never ask!" he exclaimed, running off to the closet to put together an outfit.

A few hours, million arguments and infinite outfit changes later; I was finally ready for the date. I stared at myself in the mirror. Hyung had done a good job at making me look nice. I caressed my skin, sliding my hand across my curves. All these parts of me that I thought were unlovable were now loved by someone. This body that I used to hurt so mercilessly, this body that I hated was going to be in his arms. Maybe being in his arms would allow me to grow past all this hate I carried. Maybe his love could finally melt the hate in my heart. Or all of this could end just as it started. In the blink of an eye. How could I meet his eyes? He's so above me, so ahead. I can never be equal to him. What if I can't keep up to him? Will I be dead baggage to him? Will I hold him back? Or will he move on?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Jin hyung called me, indicating that Yoongi was here. I took a deep breath and walked out. Yoongi who was in the middle of talking to Jin hyung. He stopped mid-sentence when his eyes landed on me. He stared at my figure, eyes wide and mouth agape. "See I told you he'd like it" Jin hyung chimed in, flipping his non-existent hair. I chuckled a little at him being extra. Hyung then turned to Yoongi. "Have him home by 11, young man" he spoke in his motherly voice. "You know it, old man" Yoongi joked. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out as hyung protested a little.

Yoongi stopped in front of his car and turned to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at me as if he was taking me in fully. I have to admit he looked extremely handsome. His hair was pulled back neatly and he was wearing semi-formal clothes. "You look amazing" he complimented, lightly pecking my cheek. Then he pulled away, and opened the car door for me. Ugh what a gentleman! I got in carefully. Once I was comfortable he closed the door and got into the driver seat. Next thing I knew we were on our way. I could tell he kept stealing glances at me. "Eyes on the road mister" I joked, followed by a light chuckle. He blushed a little upon being caught. "How can I keep my eyes off you, when you look so breath-taking?" he came up with a quick comeback. I felt my cheeks heat up and so I looked out the window to hide my face. Then I felt Yoongi's hand on mine as he intertwined our fingers together.

We spent the whole day on a regular date. A nice dinner, followed by a movie and ice-cream. It was very cheesy, we held hands and all. I didn't mind though; I loved everything about him., even the cheesy bits. We were now in the car on our way to somewhere, but Yoongi wasn't telling me; he insisted on letting it be a surprise. Then he pulled up to the park where we had met. I had comforted him here. The memories came rushing into my mind. He held my hand, pulling me next to him. We walked around, hand in hand. Both of us didn't say anything, but the silence wasn't deafening. It was a comfortable silence. Like we needed nothing but each other's warmth and presence. The mere sound of our breathing was enough.

Then Yoongi stopped under the tree we had sat back then. He turned to me and stared into my eyes as I stared back into his. A thousand words were uttered just by a mere eye contact. We didn't need any words to communicate. Then he leaned in slowly, capturing my lips in his. The kiss was filled emotions; passion, pain and most of all love. After a while he pulled away, but his face was still so close to me that I could feel his warm breath on my lips. "I love you" he whispered, those three magical words. Without hesitation, those words poured out of me, "I love you too" I confessed. His eyes lit up at the sounds, and so once again his lips met mine.