Craving Warmth

I spent the rest of the day finishing up my chores and getting prepared for the week ahead. I was lying in bed at night when the memories of the night at the club flooded my mind. Tears welled up in my eyes and my chest began to seize up. It was then that the sound of my phone ringing snapped me out of my thoughts. I picked up my phone and heard a foreign yet similar voice on the other side of the phone. "It's me Jin, Yoongi's friend. We met at the club remember." He said. Not going to lie but Jin Hyung's voice had brought a smile to my face. He gave of such motherly and caring vibes that I craved. I smiled and responded, "Ah yes I remember Hyung. How are you?" I heard his voice speak up again, "Well Yoongi is out with Jimin and Joon is working so I was bored. So I thought I'd talk to you. I hope I'm not bothering." He said, followed by a sigh. My heart broke slightly at the thought of Yoongi with Jimin, but I tried my best not to make my hurt evident in my voice. "Oh not at all Hyung. I was pretty bored too" Jin hyung was kind enough to invite me over for dinner so I got up and cleaned up. Luckily my mother won't be home until late at night so I could go out to Jin Hyung's place.

I got ready and walked out, following the address Jin Hyung had given me. I arrived at a quaint apartment which led me to the conclusion that Jin hyung lived alone. I knocked on the door and Jin Hyung opened the door, smiling wide as always. He invited me in and so we took a seat together. I looked around the apartment. The apartment was well kept and the color pink seemed to dominate. "I hope my apartment was easy to find." Jin hyung said in a warm voice. Everything about him made me want to hug him and lay in his lap like one would with their mother. He had an amazing warmth to him. I smiled in response and shook my head in answer to his question.

We both made our way to the kitchen where Jin hyung was cooking. I helped hyung while the two of us talked. Then hyung hit me with a question that I wasn't expecting, "So what do you think of Yoongi?" he asked, his voice slightly high-pitched. I looked down and thought for a while before answering," He's a good friend." I said, knowing that it was not how I felt and it was not what I wanted him to me. However, I knew that it was nothing more than fantasy and I could only dream of being more to Yoongi, since he saw me as a brother and nothing more. Hyung just hummed and set out the food. We both sat down and started eating. Not going to lie it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. "Wow hyung! This is delicious." I exclaimed, practically devouring the meal. He just chuckled and did an imaginary hair flip, and so we both laughed. I had a good time with hyung.

We were both talking when the direction of the conversation changed to where I didn't want it to turn to. "You know Jungkook, I am glad you came into Yoongi's life. After everything that he's been through, needs someone like you in his life. Someone who can bring warmth to him." Jin hyung spoke. I tilted my head in confusion, "everything he's been through? What do you mean hyung?" I inquired. Hyung sighed and looked down, "If he hasn't told you yet it means that he's not ready for you to know yet. You need to be patient and he'll tell you himself." Hyung's voice was laced with worry and sadness. I couldn't get his words off my mind. Yoongi was already always on my mind but this time it was different. Hyung's words were playing on my mind in a continuous loop. I tossed and turned in bed, not being able to get any sleep.

The next day, I was walking down the school halls when I heard a familiar voice calling me. The voice belonged to the one and only ass in the world Park Jimin. I scrunched my nose in disgust and turned around to face him. He stood there, with his signature smirk. I really had the urge to slap that smirk off of his face but I knew the consequences to my action. I looked down not wanting to meet eyes with the devil itself. "Yah Jeon, meet me on the roof top in 10 minutes, if you take 11 minutes, I'll make sure that you don't live till 12." He threatened and I knew I was fucked. He had called me to the roof top so there would be no one around to witness what him and his goons would do to me. Jimin left and I let out a sigh of relief. I put my stuff in the locker and made my way up to the roof, ensuring that I wasn't late. I didn't want to piss Jimin off more than he already was at the moment, because it would eventually lead to my doom.

I stared at the sky as I waited for Jimin. My heart beating fast and my body shivering in fear. I had gotten used to being beaten up by Jimin, but the nerves got to me every time. I was lost in my thoughts so I hadn't heard Jimin shouting at me. He pinned me against the wall and stared holes into me with his dark and hate-filled eyes. I had never done anything to deserve this hate; it's just that I was too weak and an easy target to Jimin. I never had the guts to fight back. "Yah Jeon, what was a nobody like you doing with Yoongi yesterday? Were you trying to gain his sympathy so you could get in with him, like the lowlife slut you are?" he accused me, and my heart shattered. I had heard abuses before but this hit...hard. I know I never am and never will be good enough for the Min Yoongi. I would never catch his eye and I would never be compatible to him. I simply looked down, "We're just friends. I am like a younger brother to him." I explained and I could almost feel Jimin smirk. "That's what you'll always be to him, Jeon. Now if you tell him anything about this I swear to god that you won't live to see another day." He warned. I gulped and nodded. Jimin landed a few blows on me before leaving with a victorious smirk flashing on his face.

I groaned in pain, unable to even move. I slowly got up from the cold floor that I was sitting on and made my way to the infirmary to patch myself up. I was on my way to the infirmary when I bumped into someone. I was about to fall back but I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist, holding me up. I slowly opened my eyes and they were met with Yoongi's. Our faces were inches away and he was staring right into my eyes. My heart was beating fast, threatening to jump out of my chest. I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, snapping him out of his trance. He cleared his throat and pulled me up. That's when he noticed my absolutely miserable condition. Worry was visible on his face, "What happened to you?" he asked, concern laced in his voice. I panicked, not knowing what to say. I couldn't tell him that Jimin had done this to me. "I fell down" I lied. He tilted his head in response, it was obvious that he didn't buy my lie but had chosen not to say anything yet. He grabbed my wrist and gently pulled me to the infirmary.

I kept my eyes glued to the floor, not wanting to meet his eyes. He sat me down and grabbed the first aid kit, crouching down before me. He started treating my wounds, while I observed his movements. He suddenly put the ointment on my wound causing me to wince. He apologized and treated my wounds with the gentlest touch. He got up to treat my lip that had been split open. He was too close to my face. My heart rate quickened and I felt butterflies in my stomach. Why do you have to be so perfect Min Yoongi? Why do I feel all giddy around you when you feel nothing for me?

Then my eyes met his. None of us uttered a word but its like we knew what the other had to say just by seeing each other's eyes. That's when Yoongi's gaze fell down to my lips and he leaned in ever so slowly.