Chater 9: Guilt

It was the next Monday after the duel. Mei was secretly observing Glynne who is currently talking to another student. She would also sometimes notice Kiana glancing at the boy, it seems like she also wanted to talk to him.

Mei missed her chance to talk to Glynne last Friday as he was absent  that day. Everyone thought that he must have gotten hit quite hard at the duel with Kiana. It was quite plausible since he has done a reckless action of fighting her friend using only training equipment. So nobody really bothers to questions him if he rest for a day or two after receiving that kick on his front.

So that is why Mei decided to just ask him the following week. However she missed her chance again as Glynne was quickly crowded by curious girls right after entering the classroom.

She never really paid that much attention to them but she never expected that her classmates was quite excited about a boy joining the school. Sure, there was some other boys in the academy but none so far was able to go toe to toe with Kiana, who is considered almost a B rank.

With a presence of a strong male, which is uncommon, the girls curiosity are pique. Mei felt that she won't be able to confront him properly with the situation right now. She decided to wait for the commotion to die down.

"Kiana?" Mei muttered in confusion as noticed her friend standing up. She watched her as the white haired girl makes her way to the crowd of girls.

"Uhm," when Kiana uttered a word, the whole crowd became silent and look over at culprit. Upon seeing her, the crowd fell silent and unconsciously split into two like the Red sea with Moses. She took that opportunity and walk closer to the boy. "How are you?"

"As you can see, I'm feeling great." Glynne replied with a toothy smile. He even flex his muscle show he's okay.

"I-I see," Kiana replied and returned to her seat.

It was strange. Definitely strange. The whole classroom seems to also think the same thing.

Mei was surprised when Kiana showed such a meek expression. The white haired girl was always been loud and a bit bratty, not that she was hated but that just how most people would describe her as. But just now she acted like a tamed animal, a complete opposite to what they were used to.

All of the attention was once again concentrated at Glynne. It was like a hive mind, all of them are thinking the boy has something to do as of why Kiana was acting like that.

Glynne did his best to ignore the whispering of his classmates about him. He just wanted to not attract that many attention to himself, but as expected of Kiana, even if it was unintentional, she still manage to do the exact opposite. He was trying his best to not lock eyes with anyone, however among all the piercing stares of the whole class, he was sweating bullets from a certain dark haired beauty. He was feeling a bit awkward by the attention he was getting, but fortunately it was not long after the classroom door open up.

"On your seats!" Himeko yelled in a commander like fashion. The students scrambled as they fixed themselves on their sits. She scanned the classroom for any anomaly, by doing she can't help but notice the only boy in her class.

"Oh my, Mr. Glynne are you feeling better already?" Himeko asked.

"Yes, ma'am" He replied.

"Good," Himeko nodded in satisfaction. "Although I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you still need to take the quizzes and activities you missed last Friday."

"Eh, N-no way!" Glynne shouted is dissatisfaction. He slumped down on his desk while thinking about his misfortune.

The whole class burst into laughter at the boy's antics.

@@@@@@

"Hey Kiana, did you have an interest on Glynne?" Kiana almost choke in her lunch when Mei suddenly asked her. She quickly grab her bottled juice and drank the whole thing.

"C-cough cough, what are you talking about Mei?!" Kiana stands up and slamming her hands down on the desk. "Are you doubting my love for you?!"

Mei only smiled wryly as a reply.

"Bronya also thought the same as Big Sister Mei." Bronya said as she joined the conversation. "Bronya noticed Kiana sometimes glancing over at the new student's direction."

Mei nodded as she also noticed it. "Also, there was that time before classes start when you acted quite reserved when talking to him." she said.

"I-it isn't like that!" Kiana exclaimed as she sat down. She look down, and puts her hand over her other arm. "It just... I did something bad to him."

It wasn't a surprise, Kiana has always been creating trouble for other people. However it is very rare for Mei and Bronya to see her guilty about it. Whatever it may be, they can tell that she was bothered by it. "Uhm Kiana, can you tell us about it?" Mei said worryingly.

Kiana's eyes flashed for a moment but it soon return to that of sadness as she remembered what Theresa said last week. "Sorry, I can't tell you about it."

It was definitely suspicious. - both Mei and Bronya thought, but with how Kiana seems to be unwilling to talk, they had no choice but to give up asking about it.

"I see, then we won't be asking you about it. Until you're ready, you can always talk to us." Mei said earning a small nod from Kiana.

"But putting that aside, what would you do now?" Mei asked pointing her chopsticks at Kiana.

Kiana just stared at her, seemingly clueless at what her friend is talking about.

At the sight of this, Mei can't help but sigh. Seems like there some aspects of Kiana that never change.

"Big Sister Mei is asking what should Kiana Idiotka do to make amends with the boy." Bronya said.

"Ah" Kiana put her fist on her hand, realizing now what the two meant. Seeing this Mei smiled wryly, and as for Bronya, she can't really express her emotion on her face but she was definitely doing the same inside her head.

"Anyway, there's perfect opportunity right now." Bronya said as she pointed at the direction of the boy.

Kiana gaze followed suite. She saw Glynne was busy scratching his head while he trying to review for the quizzes. As Bronya says, it was a perfect opportunity to help and make amends with him but Kiana felt blood draining from her head as studying is not her strong point.

"Don't worry Kiana, we will also help." Mei said to reassure her friend.

"Eh, you're helping me Mei?" Kiana look at Mei with sparkling eyes.

"Affirmative, seeing Kiana Idiotka hopeless face was enough to make this Bronya to help." Bronya said as she pounded her chest.

Kiana eyebrows twitched a bit on Bronya's sarcasm however she was still glad that her two friends are helping him.

"Then I go and invite him here then!" Kiana stood up and rushed over at the black haired boy.

"W-wait up Kiana!" Mei yelled in surprise.

=========

So yeah, I'm suffering a bit of a writer's block. Though ideas keep coming inside my head, I had a hard time writing them.

So I decided to take a break a bit and tried to fix some errors on some of the earlier chapters. Oh boy, it was a mess. To be honest, I wrote the prologue almost a year ago, then Ch1 a few months after and then Ch2 was only just lately. If you notice, there is a difference in the writing style of those first 3 chapters. That said, I'm afraid I can only edit them from time to time but not be able to rewrite them as I might mess up doing so.

On another note, Who is your Valkyrie Waifu???

-Bronya is number 1 XD