Chapter 21: Infiltration

"Warning! Warning! A prisoner has escaped! A prisoner has escape!" the alarm went off as flashing red lights illuminated the dark corridors.

BOOM!!!

An huge explosion rang out throughout the whole facility. Multiple guards are being sent to investigate the cause.

Amidst the ongoing chaos, one soldier are navigating through the corridors alone. He was clearly breaching protocols but with the current situation, no one seems to notice.

"Tsk, just how many guards are there in this building... " he muttered as he used a nearby wall as a cover. After a few moments, dozens of armed humans run pass through him.

Peaking to know that coast is clear, he continued running but not after throwing a couple of grenades. It blew up after a few seconds, causing the corridor that he ran passed through to collapse. This would serve as a distraction and also to create another barrier to close off another section of the building.

"You there, where are you going?!" he was startled as he was discovered by a troop of soldiers right after he took a turn in the corner.

He lowered his helmet to avoid identification as they got near him.

"Speak! Where do you think you're going?!" the soldier shouts in front of him.

Luckily, it seems like the troop in front of him only composed of five basing from the footsteps. He judged that it is manageable to quickly silence them. He brought out and flick the safety switch of his gun.

The group of soldiers heard this as each of them raise their weapons. However they don't have time to aim as the suspicious person close the distance between them and fired a gun point black at their necks.

In the matter of seconds, three soldiers was down. The other two panic and quickly press the trigger, spray shooting the intruder.

The person in question used two of the bodies as meat-shields for the incoming bullets. Since the corpse are still wearing bulletproof vest, the bullets aren't going through them.

He heard clicking sound, meaning that the two guns has depleted their ammo. He throws the bodies full of holes at soldiers covering them as they fall on the ground.

He approached one of the soldiers and proceed to point a pistol on his neck. Fortunately the soldier was wearing a helmet so when he was shot, his brains didn't spread over the floor.

"Please, d-don't kill me!" The other one begs as the intruder walks closer to him. He felt his pants getting wet as he was look down by a pair of glowing green eyes. "Please, I'll tell you everything I know! Just please don't kill me!"

"Talk... " the soldier flinched on the chilly voice of the intruder. In effort to save his life, he begun telling him everything he was asked.

"Very well... " the soldier let out a sigh in relief as the intruder seems to be please with the information.

"Aaaaaarrrrgghhhh" However he let out a scream right after as he felt his legs get stabbed by a knife.

"Don't worry I won't be after your life as promise... " he said as he left the bleeding soldier. "...this is just to make sure you won't follow me."

That said, the scream would probably get the attention of nearbly guards. The intruder quickly disappears from the scene.

@@@@@

"This is probably the armory....." he muttered as he input the password he got from interrogating the previous soldier. As soon as the doors open, he quickly got inside and close them.