Chapter 50: Practical Exams(Part 2)

Mei thought it was impossible to get out of time. Despite her friend doing her best in slowing it down, it was for a naught as Ganesha is not faze by it and just keep on charging towards her.

The beast got nearer and nearer as Mei close her eyes and braces herself for impact. However she doesn't expect to be pushed from the side.

She was surprised and opened her eyes to see who it was. But she only get a glimpse of black hair before a large white boar passed through.

"GLYNNE!!!!" Kiana shouted his name in horror. The boy pushed Mei out of the way and in turn he was the one who got hit. He flew a couple meters and rolled on the ground before hitting his back on the barrier.

Seeing this, Kiana glared intensely at the beast. Her grip on her pistol tighten as she is beginning to lose it from anger. "How dare y-"

"You should stop right there, Kiana" however before the white-haired girl could charge at the honkai beast in rage, Fu Hua quickly stepped in front to stop her. "You're the leader right now, don't let your emotions get you."

"But-"

"Look around you!" Kiana flinched when Fu Hua suddenly raised her voice. She was known to be always calm and collected but right now, she seems to have a hard time holding her emotions back.

Kiana eyes opened wide and begun to look around like what the girl in front of her said.

She could see Bronya looking at Glynne with worried face but she isn't rushing towards him as she was holding back so the formation would not get messed up.

Mei was trying her best to recover as she raised her blade and brandish it towards the honkai beast. Her face is warped in anger but she is just glaring at it, not moving in her place or even trying to charge at it.

Fu Hua was right, a leader must always be calm. Kiana closed her eyes and begun to cool down her head. Once her eyes were opened, the dark grey-haired girl could see a new determination shining throught it.

"Fu Hua, go and distract Ganesha to buy us some time." the girl in front of Kiana nodded and turned around to charge at the honkai beast.

Tapping on her earpiece, she quickly connected it to the other frontliner, "Mei, if you think you recovered enough, please try helping Fu Hua."

There was a static for a moment before a voice came through and said, "Yes"

Kiana nodded and now radio the last remaining member. "Bronya, we'll be continuing our attack. Go check on Glynne condition before joining in."

"Roger" the silver haired girl replied immediately as soon as got the order and flew towards the boy. She got on her knees and begun to examine his body.

"Analyzation complete. Besides some scratches and bruises, there does not seem to be any major bleeding or bone fracture." the girl muttered. Though it is not quite hundred percent accurate, she still felt relieved that Glynne doesn't seem to be that of a great danger. Even so, Bronya is still not done with examination.

Her eyes drifted to his wrist and landed black bracelet attached to it. It was the prototype that they both worked on just a couple weeks ago but to think that it would be useful this time. She then reach for it and activated it.

Bronya's eyes widen in shock as soon as the holographic screen pops up. His honkai energy level is fluctuating.

@@@@@@@

It was dark. It was hard to see as everything is covered in darkness, however I still continue to walk straight ahead.

It is strange. Last time I came here, there were two vortex fighting for domination. This place was chaotic but for some reason, it looks so calm now.