Chapter 28: Self-destruct

"Hello, are you still alive?" Kiana asked as she poked Glynne who is collapse on the ground.

"That was...., quite something." Mei said seemingly stupefied at what she saw earlier.

"I never expected it to be that either. " Fu Hua, who was usually has a calm demeanor, has her face twitching.

Their plan was supposed to force him into dueling them as a punishment for what he did on Bronya. However they never would have thought that it was Glynne's first time to wear any proper battlesuit.

Basically, he self-destructed as he was unable to control the sudden boost of power. They lose track on how many times he got himself slammed in the walls, slipped and rolled a few meters, and crashed into the training equipment.

It was comical in a way, but if that happened to a normal person it would be quite a carnage. Fortunately, the stigmata plus the battlesuit was able increase Glynne's durability so he only got some minor cuts and bruises. Other than that, it seems like it left a mental scars in him as he just stare at the ceiling in daze.

Seeing that she was being ignored, Kiana pouted in irritation. He is not very responsive no matter what she tries to do.

However she noticed an opportunity, her lips curved into a mischievous smile.

"Ugh" Glynne grunted as he suddenly felt something heavy on his stomach. He raised his head to see what was it. He was surprised when his gaze was met with a pair of blue eyes that belong to a certain troublemaker.

"K-Kiana!?" Glynne gasped as he tried to get away. However he failed to do so as the person herself is pinning him down. "W-what are you doing?!"

"Fufufu, It's your fault for showing such defenseless state!" Kiana said, seemingly akin to a certain cutest principal. "Now then, you should know what will come next!" she said as her fingers are making weird movements.

Glynne's face became red. Even though he and Kiana had a bad start, he was becoming conscious of her because of the damned dream he had a few days ago.

"Ei!!" Kiana cutely shouted as she pounces at Glynne. Her hands goes to his side and begun tickling him.

"Eh?" However she became confused when he wasn't getting her expected reaction. "Why are you not laughing?!"

"Ah... That.. " Glynne has a distant look in his eyes. Siegfried used to do this a lot whenever he was feeling mischievous. Because of this, though it was quite a useless ability, he was able to learn how to block any emotions cause by physical stimulation, such as tickling. "Sorry but I'm not that ticklish."

"Booo, that's boring!" Kiana protested as she pouts. She hops a little, making Glynne grunt as the air in his stomach was pump out. Deciding that further teasing is impossible, she frustratingly get off from him.

"Hyah!!" Kiana was about to stand up but she suddenly squealed as something touch her neck. She turned her head towards Glynne however the boy was no where to be seen.

CRASH!!!

A loud crashing sound reverberated next, making those who are present inside glance over that direction.

"Tsk, even though I made sure I held back on that one." Glynne said as he scratched his head.

"Oh my, seems like this needed some work as well." Theresa covered her mouth seeing the state of the boy.

Glynne usually goes about seventy to ninety percent when fighting, this is his first time ever trying to hold back his abilities by a large margin.

At first he thought that battlesuits are just fancy suits of armor that give the user extra skills and a simple boost in overall abilities. The only exception might be the training suits.

However what he didn't expect was the boost would be at 1.2x to 1.5x. It might look like small but with Glynne's strength, without the armor, already comparable to a C rank Valkyrie, it was a huge multiplier.

With the sudden change of stats, Glynne spent the rest of the afternoon readjusting his body to keep up with it.

Let's just say, the budget for training exercise equipment skyrocketed that day.

@@@@@@@@@

"What happened to you, Glynne?" Bronya asked, worried as the boy got home covered in bandages like a mummy.

Glynne stared at Bronya's face. It seems like it was back to the usual emotionless state, though he still faintly noticed her ears are somewhat red. He just ignored it as he feels like Bronya was only suppressing her embarrassment. In all honesty though, Glynne also didn't want to pursue the matter as he too was trying to hold back his face from turning red.

He let out a sigh and told her what happened after she leaved the library.

"But you shouldn't don't worry. This would probably heal tomorrow morning" he reassured.

"Mhn" Bronya nodded.

Glynne has a hunch that she might know a lot about of him, so he didn't bother to explain about his regeneration.

On the contrary though, Glynne didn't know a lot about Bronya. It was only recently that he got to know that they were in the same organization. Based from her artificial legs and her lack of emotions, she might be also be one of the test subjects that came after him.

However he didn't remember a lot inside the lab other than the occasional test and that time when he was tasked to save two girls. All of his memories are mostly blank as the scientist always put him to sleep.

"Say, Bronya are you really one of Mothe—" Glynne didn't get to finish his question as the girl put a finger on his lips.

"It is not safe to talk about it here, Raz." Glynne widens his eyes, the fact the Bronya knows his previous name has confirmed some of his suspicion.

"Shall we change locations then?" Glynne suggested.

However Bronya shook her head in denial. "It can wait. Dinner would be coming soon."

"Ah, now that I think about it. " Glynne exclaimed in realization. A delicious smell soon engulfs the room as both of their stomach growled in hunger.

Mei's delicious cooking never fails to get a reaction from an emotionless girl and a battle-hardened boy.

============

Yep yep, this is Bronya's time to shine. But seriously though, I wanted polish some of Mei's light too. I feel like she was pushed aside in the previous arc because I'm concentrating on Kiana. Hopefully, I could fix that in this arc or in the next one. For now, I'm only putting down some foundations.

Anyway, that's enough contemplating. This book has reach the milestone for getting a 10k reads. Yehey ~\(≧▽≦)/~

I never expected this to reach this in just a short time. I'm seriously grateful to all of you reading this. *bow*