Chapter 20: His Stigmata

Theresa wasn't able to get on time. When she got there, she only saw Himeko fighting with two mechanical Titans that belong to the Anti-Entropy. Naturally, she help her in subjugating them.

After the fight, she was surprised when Himeko told her the summary of what happened. Theresa ordered a retreat and have a meeting on what to do.

"What are we going to do now?!" Himeko yelled at Theresa. She was feeling pissed as the supposed to be guardian of the kid acting so calmly drinking her tea, despite the boy being kidnapped by the Anti-Entropy.

".... You need to calm down for now, Captain Himeko." Theresa said as she put down her tea. "I don't think the boy would be danger at least for now."

"How could you say that?!" Himeko yelled. Her golden eyes glared at her superior.

Despite being subjected to anger, Theresa only stared at Himeko with calm eyes. "Didn't you say that they are going to retrieve something they own from Glynne. There is a big chance that the thing might be the boy himself..... " she explained.

"Say, do you still remember what I told you about his stigmata?" Theresa asked, giving her subordinate a hint.

Himeko eyes widen in realization. She took a deep breath and plopped down on her chair. "He who shall devour the world and the gods that live among it..... " she muttered as she recalled what the principal said to her last week.

"The forbidden stigmata, Fenrir." Theresa said as she took a sip from her tea. "A powerful stigmata that has the power to devour honkai beast in a matter of seconds."

Himeko just quietly sitting down to give some time for the principal to explain.

"Though it is powerful, the price of using it is also high. In exchange in using the power the rate of honkai corruption in the body would hasten. " Theresa said in a sorrowful tone, "What's sadder to think is that the person wouldn't turn into a zombie like the usual, but they will turned into a powerful wolf like honkai beast instead."

Himeko nodded in affirmation as she was experience it first hand when fighting the boy. It was a good thing she fought him while he was still mutating, if not she don't know if she can even handle it. "But then why did Glynne return back to normal? Are you telling me that was only some side effect of the stigmata when overused?"

Theresa shakes her head sideways at Himeko's questions. "No, Glynne was the first person recorded in history to go back into human. This was largely due to his physical trait."

"Your telling me he can freely manipulate his form?" Himeko asked.

"Of couse not," Theresa said in a matter of fact tone as she cutely tilted her head. "The boy's natural resistance to the honkai was the highest that has been recorded, so high in fact that his body would automatically convert all honkai corruption in his body back into normal. "

"If that was the case then he has the perfect compatibility with the stigmata." Himeko commented.

"In theory, yes... But in practice, you should already know what happened." Theresa showed a sad smile. Glynne's resistance cannot fully cope up with the boosted corruption. Though he still returned back to normal, he needed a couple of minutes to fight back.

It was the nth time Theresa took a sip on her tea. Although she might look calm, she was building up a lot of stress in her. As she still has her dignity as a superior, it would be bad if she act roughly. She is drinking a lot of tea to calm down her nerves. "That said, Fenrir was not a natural occurring stigmata." she pointed out.

"D-don't tell me," Himeko eyes widen in astonishment. "Someone implanted it to the boy?!"

"Yeah, it was very likely." Theresa said. "I tried digging into it once but Glynne's background seems to be quite hidden. However with the current incident, my suspicions points it was the Anti-Entropy deeds. The boy along with the stigmata is an ultimate weapon against the honkai. Chances are, they wanted do something with that power."

"I see, that would make sense to why they won't hurt him for now." Himeko put her hand on her chin to think. "However even if that's the case, it's only a matter of time before he may be put in danger."

Theresa can totally relate on Himeko's concern. As a principal and the current guardian of the boy, she felt responsible in taking care of Glynne's safety. In all honesty, she wanted to raid the enemy's base when she first heard the boy was kidnapped.

"I know," Theresa muttered, "But right now, the best course of action is to wait."

"Why?!" Himeko exclaimed. "The longer we wait, the higher the chance they might do something dangerous to him!"

"I know," Theresa trembles on her seat as she tries to stop herself from snapping. "But we should put our trust on him."

Theresa activated her handheld terminal and showed Himeko a picture of a beat-up M1911 pistol. "Bronya told me earlier that he left all his things, including that gun that he says to be something precious to him. Do you know what that means Himeko?"

Himeko was quite surprised at Theresa's question, however it didn't take her long enough to decode the hidden message. "I see, he will be return to get it back." she said as she leaned on her chair. She can't help but think that the boy was troublesome to deal with.

"Yeah," Theresa nodded as she drank all of her remaining tea. "He will be back alright... If not, I will kill him twice for seducing my niece."

@@@@@@@@

Waking up in a cube shape room with a sturdy looking glass on one side of the wall, it wasn't long until Glynne figured that he was in a prison cell.

"Oh, looks like little puppy woke up" a voice said as a blond man in a lab coat entered the room. Glynne was speechless as the man slowly got closer to his cell. "What, did you perhaps saw a ghost."

"Yeah, I thought you were dead." Glynne says, evident that he clearly know the man. "I was sure I chopped off a large chunk on your shoulders"

At the boy's comment, the scientist can't help but laugh maniacally. "Fufufu, you sure know how to tickle my funny bone you damn mutt." He said as he pulled a device from his pocket.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!" Glynne screamed as electricity run over his body through the cell floors. When the man let go of the device, the boys kneeled down on the ground as he tries to catch his breath.

"DID YOU LIKE THAT YOU DAMN MONSTER!?" the man shouted as he kicked the glass entrance of Glynne's cell. "BECAUSE OF YOU I HAD TO WEAR THIS CURSED ROBOTIC ARM!"

The scientist pressed the device again as Glynne screamed in pain. After a few seconds, he has his fill at the boy's suffering. The man puts the device in his pocket as he watched the boy heavily breathing on the ground.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't kill you just yet." The man reassures. "You still have some worth as a bargaining chip."

The man left as he laugh in hysterical manner. With the room now devoid of people, Glynne's lips formed a smirk.

=========

Yep yep, another page on the MC's background has been revealed. What do you think about it?

Anyway, Thanks for reading.