Chapter 47: Investigation

"Yawn~" letting out a huge yawn while stretching her arms, Kiana entered the living room to see a dark-haired girl working on the kitchen.

"Morning Kiana," Mei briefly greeted before she cracked open an egg. Its contents fall down the pan, it let sizzling sounds as the egg white slowly being cook from the edge to the middle.

"Mornin' Mei..." Kiana greeted back while rubbing her eyes. It was easy to deduct that she just woke up with how she seems to be still half asleep. She approached the kitchen sink and get a glass of water to rinse her mouth. Doing so, help with waking herself up a bit.

"By the way, where's Ms. Rita?" Kiana asked as she had just noticed that Mei is currently in charge of cooking for breakfast instead of the maid.

"Ah, she said she had some errands to do so she left early in the morning." Mei replied while putting the egg into the plate.

"Is that so," Kiana has quickly lose interest and walk to the couch. She reach out for the remote and opened the television. As it was still morning, the contents of most channels are mostly just news. She wasn't interested in it but it gave her some entertainment while she braid her messy hair.

"Big sister Mei, morning." the next one to walk in the living room was Bronya. She was still in her yellow Homu onesie while also carrying a Homu plush doll. "Have you seen Glynne?"

The silver-haired girl's question has caught the attention of Kiana, "Eh, he isn't in his room?" she asked.

"Negative," the little girl shakes her head. "Bronya went to check his room a while ago but it was empty."

"That's weird, I didn't notice him going out this morning. Did you already checked if he's with Fu Hua?" Mei said.

"Not yet, Bronya will now proceed check it if Glynne's there." Bronya said as he float towards the doorway.

"Ah, please also inform them that breakfast is ready." Mei told to the little girl which she nodded in response.

@@@@@@@@@

The dorm has a training room. Though it isn't as big as in the one at school, it was wide enough to fit in the some training equipment. Because of this, the room easily became the favorite of Fu Hua.

The girl likes training and would never skipped a day without it. It was one of the discipline of a proper martial artist. However, Fu Hua has never considered it as such. For her, training is like meditation for her. Whenever she does so, it helps in clearing her mind, with only the sound of her fist slicing the wind entering her ears.

However, she wasn't alone today. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence, but the person she's with currently has always captured her interest.

She has a iron will, so she cannot be easily distracted by anything. But her eyes kept wandering to the boy who is training with the dummy.

He was always full of surprises. In every morning they train together, she would always find something new about him. That is why, Fu Hua can't help but notice some inconsistencies in what he is saying compared to how he move in battle.

"Hah!" Glynne shouted as he did a side kick to the training dummy. He then quickly withdraws his foot and change his posture to delivers another kick from his other foot. He never stopped his assault and continued to chain in his kicks.

Every kick is quick and precise but also quite heavy based on how much the dummy is shaking despite being bolted on the floor.

He kept insisting how he is just a backline fighter and that he is only an expert in long range fight. That is somewhat true however, the boy would sometimes display that he is very proficient in close combat. Not to a degree that is passable as a self defense like he would always say, but it is to the point that his skills would pretty much be in the level of a C rank melee specialist Valkyja.