Chapter 27: Not Really an Idiot

Thud!

A huge pile of books was piled up in front of Glynne. His lips twitched as he counted the huge amount of books.

"Principal? What's all of this?" the boy asked. His sight shifted to the small child still bringing in more books from the bookshelves.

"Hm, didn't you get my memo?" Theresa tilted her head while stacking up another pile of books. "Didn't I wrote to you that you need be keep up with your studies?"

"Still... this is too many for just being absent for three weeks!" Glynne protested. Cold sweats kept running down his back as he watch the pile grow more and more.

"Oh, I didn't say anything about the lessons you missed when you are recovering on the hospital though." Theresa said as she showed a mischievous grin. "It came to me that you have been struggling on your studies. Obviously it was my fault since I decided to suddenly enter you in the same year level as your age group despite not having the minimum requirements for it. That's why I'm helping you now to learn all the lessons you skipped." she explained as she patted the new pile of books besides her.

"T-this is unfair! How can I learn all of this in such a small time?!" Glynne complained. Just by taking a glance over the titles of the books, he can tell that all of them are quite complex.

"Don't worry, I'm not pushing you to do it. " Theresa tiptoed as she struggles to give Glynne a headpat. "But you need to remember that all your new toys are still with me."

Glynne's eyes shine in realization. He almost forgot the new equipment he ordered before he goes into rampage. But now that Theresa reminded him of it, he felt some sort of excitement of wanting to test them out.

This wasn't the time to waste any time, he grabbed the book Theresa is presenting and quickly scanned their contents.

He noticed how each pile are the divided by subjects and how close each topic relate to one another. Opening multiple books at the same time, he quickly crossed reference all their contents.

Theresa smiled, the carrot-on-a-stick tactic work. However it seems like it worked a bit too much. She watches how Glynne was absorbing the knowledge on the book in a fast pace.

Though she intended this as a preparation for the upcoming exam, she also grabbed this as an opportunity to punish him for doing the kidnapping stunt.

However at this pace, she didn't think it wouldn't be challenging for the boy at all. There is still the mock test after this though, Theresa decided to wait and see if he could pass the questions the she craftily made.

@@@@@@@@@@

It was afternoon, Theresa's mischievous smile started to become stiff. Glynne manage to finished all the piled up books in just a couple of hours. She can't believe it so she gave him the test if he really did properly learned them. To her surprised, the boy got about 3/4 of the total questions.

Is he a genius? — Theresa thought. However she quickly shrugged it off as this might be because of the effects of baiting him with the new equipment.

She let out a sigh. She wanted to punish the boy but she cannot stay angry at him for long because of this. It is appropriate to just give him the promised bargain.

"Hm? Ah, sorry but will you let me finish this first?" However Theresa was quickly shot down when she suggested to get his new equipment.

Glynne seems to have become quite fond of reading books, particularly on the Schicksal Tech subject. Despite doing a reading spree a while ago, he picked up an advance looking book on the shelf and begin reading again.