Chapter three

The sound of the noises coming from out side are getting louder and louder, which makes me think today it's not just My neighbors fighting, but there is something more, because the noises are coming from every where.

I ran down the stairs from my apartment to see what is going on, this place is so fucking crowded that I couldn't help it but think about my expertise job, "Theft!" and trust me when I tell you I'm so fucking good at it.

I was a little bit distracted by Mrs Brown's cries "oh God! what happened to my husband? Wake up! Somebody help me please".

I felt the urge to see for my self what's going on, so I push through saying excuse me! excuse me! excuse me!!!. Just then I stood still on my tracks, Oh! my God?.  Wha!...what is this?.

"Mr Brown's neck is covered in blood, his white shirt soaked in the red pool of blood and there are large scars on his chest that looks like he has been attacked by a beast, and those scars are all covered in thick blood." If there is anything I despised so much is blood!

The cops pushed Mrs brown aside gently and took the corps away for further investigation, and took Mrs Brown with.

I still couldn't get those scars out of my head. I mean, are they for real. What could be the cause? is it a monster or what?, does that means that we are no more safe and that too all of a sudden? because it has never happens before, and now that I remembered what was that latter I received this morning? Is it not from Jack? Does it means I'm next?.

"Hey babe!.. I've been looking for...well waittt! Look at you. He cut his last sentence, Now don't tell me...Are you frighten by this incident? Come on it is probably just an Animal that did that, he said pointing at where Mr Brown was laying down a couple of minutes back, so stop listening to this village people saying it is done by a monster, because they do not exist, Okay?!" He said glaring at me with the assuring look all over his face.

"Leave me be jack. please!, this is too early for me to handle your annoyance and I have far more important things to do, I said heading back to the stairs back to my apartment."

OK I'll wait for you then. And just so you remember do not go into the woods alone babe, rather just give me company tonight, he shouts teasingly in a way that every one could hear, which makes me feel angry and irritated.

I shut the door behind me with full of rage and anger wondering when jack has to leave this place, since he moved in next door on the left, for a week now he has been such a pervert and if he continues being like this I'll make him pay for messing with me.

Oh! I'm hungry, I only remembered that I didn't had anything to eat since yesterday and I'm so fucking starving, And worst, the only thing I have at home right now is only  a quarter packet of biscuit. which means, It's about time you go hunting Elsa.

I ate the remaining quarter and pick up my purse and walked out of my apartment hoping not to bump into Jack.

I walked into skylight inn... The most popular inn in our town, looking around for a perfect target for my job and of course that woman in red should be the best target for today, she looks pretty rich so! And with her bag on the floor next to her crossed legs, its a perfect target. so I  walked to the next table behind her and grabbed one of the seats, ordered for a cup of coffee and waited for the right moment.

I've been noticing her well and closely, so when I noticed  she was busy chatting with the guy next to her I got up, took the cup with me and gave it to one of the diner boys, when he demanded for the fee I said.. Oh! I've been a little bit distracted so do you mind if you pass me my bag over there, showing him the bag on the floor.. He said yes of course, oh and excuse me bring along the places my friends there are done with, "yes of course miss, he replied."

While I stood there calmly without even watching him, he does my dirty work.

He took a plate and a cup on the table I asked him to, which the woman in red and whoom I assume to be her boyfriend are sitting and chatting completely in love. He brought the bag along which was kept along side her legs.

When he passed me the bag, I opened it shutting him a smile hoping I've hit the jackpot, and yes I did! her purse is quite a beauty with all those dollars decorated in it. A small smile forged along my lips while I pass him a dollar.

"I'll  get u your change miss" No! Keep the change dear. I said turning away from him while shutting a glance at my red angel who just made my day without noticing, They seems to be enjoying there conversation like they are completely in love, I barge out of there without knowing what happened after I left.

Today's catch was good so I had a good meal and then after it I headed to my favorite place, "the woods". I climbed on my favorite oak tree,  that is the shortest one that was cut down only a year ago.

Those stars are so beautiful, I thought. smiling as I closed my eyes feeling the cold breeze against my skin,I could feel a sudden chill in the air after sometime which makes me couldn't shake the feeling that the air have a sudden change in it. I could feel a chill going down my spine, why do I feel like I'm being watched, I could feel my body tensed and there is a sudden silence with not even a single bird chipping, I suddenly remembered the incidence in the morning, I quickly climbed down the tree, holding my purse and the bag  I've stollen earlier. 

I caught a glimpse of something or someone passed besides me before the glimpse of an eye, before I even took a step.