chapter twenty five

The wind blew heavily and so did the snow, I was afraid I could barely see her face...my little sister.

"It's time to leave now Eve." I heard our mother said.

Farewell mother, farewell sister. Eve uttered as she climbed on her horse.

You're going to be just fine sister, you're strong and I Know you can, so I'll wait for you to come home. "we'll all wait for you, mom proceeded."

She hit her horse with both her legs each along side the horse and it started running at full speed. We watched as they vanished in the thick and heavy falling snow. I closed my eyes slowly hoping and praying to see my little sister again. I know... I know she is strong, much more stronger than I am but yet, this is no less than a suicide mission.

I turned back and walk past mom, not able to hide the anger that covered my face. Why does she had to agreed to send Eve in this weather and if she most really go then why not let me escort her? I mean since she most claim her powers on her twentieth birthday and it is two days from today. I could have escort her for a day or two and even wait for her a half way to make sure she's safe, at least I wouldn't have felt guilty of not doing a thing about my sister sent out there alone with all the dangers and creatures out there and worst...in a heavy snow.  

                         ****
I watched outside at the heavy snow that falls continuously. Not a day has passed without me waiting for my sister, days has passed, weeks, and then today a month and five days. I had faith that my sister would be back, but why is she taking so long? No one has ever took so long to claim their powers before and I refuse to believe that she's one of those that didn't make it since she's my sister after all.

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder which is probably my mother's. "She's going to be just fine." I heard her said.

Really?

Really mom? After you sent her to her death you're telling me she's going to be just fine?

I had no choice Anna. if she hadn't left two days before she wasn't going to make it there on time.

How sure are you she did make it mom? In that snow! No one has ever went to claim their powers in such heavy snow before. Not you and not even our ancestors, so how sure are you she's just fine?.

She's strong! she said loud as if trying to avoid what ever was it trying to pop in her brain.

Strong really! Is that enough mom? and who are you fighting me or you? I asked staring directly at her.

Okay that's enough girl...that's enough for today and you're a strong witch have no place for fear in your heart because you don't need it. She said as she went up stairs without shutting me another glance.

I stared blankly at the empty stairs leading up when I felt the coldness of the weather vanished at once and the rays of sunlight filled the kitchen as if it were decorated intentionally. I turned around to see the wonders happening outside and my eyes popped out in amazement.

The snow has stopped at once and the sky clear as if it were never cloudy and instead is decorated with the sun that turns the day into a sunny day.

The loud roaring of a horse caught my attention as it runs on the empty street with it's rider holding tight to it.

EVE?!

Eve! I shouted as I swung the door opened. I ran towards her as she jumped off the horse and did same.

We took each other into a tight embrace. I knew it...i knew you were going to make it, I said excitedly.

Whose sister am I after all? she said as we all laughed.

The street that was before empty is now filled with people of the neighborhood. Some wondering what cause the sudden change of the weather while some at the same time happy for our family for the return home of my sister.

Welcome home Eve. I hope you have accomplished your mission of the claiming? One of the leaders asked.

I thought you have witnessed the strongness of it by now...the weather's sudden change was cause by my powers. She said smiling.

Ohh!

She said with an unpleasant and fearfull look shown clearly all over her face.

Are you sure you're okay Eve? mom asked with the same fear on her face as they change glance with each other with the other elder who we called aunt Suzanne.

I felt my heart skipped as my heart is set to worry for my sister because I know what ever that looks they changed were, they weren't for something good.

Such powers might even save us from the monsters. I heard Mrs David said. Yes, I agreed with you. I heard that such powers was only gifted to one of our ancestors many decades ago, said Eve's friend Amaya as she smiles.

"Well nothing good came of it though." Aunt Suzanne blurred out.

Okay that's enough for the day. Mom cut aunt Suzanne's words half way.

Are you going to let my sister have some rest? I asked while dragging her by the arm.

Amaya followed behind us as we went upstairs to Eve's room.

You aren't going to believe what I'm about to tell you. Eve said excitedly.

What are you about to tell us? Amaya asked curiously.

Aren't you going to let us Ask first? I also wanted to know everything that happened on your way there and why you took so long to come back. And what's so exciting about claiming of powers with all those dangers you'd encounter on the way? I doubt anything interested happened there. I stated.

Dangers there was indeed, but I promise everything was worth the risk.

It seems we have alot to know. Amaya proceeds excited.

Okay are you going to take a shower first?. Have some food and take a rest. We talk about it later okay.

Ohh NO! she's already cutting the fun. Amaya said looking at Eve before shutting me another glare. That's the big sis she is, Eve proceeded as she climbed down the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

Sorry sweety. Let her be her self first, I said looking at Amaya that is eager for a story.

Okay Anna. Let her be her self. she said while laying on the bed.

I went down stairs to see mom setting the dining table. Anna help me here, she said as she passed me some plates.

Go get them down for lunch when you're done with the plates Anna.

Okay mom.

I felt like we had the best lunch after a long time, the test of the food was simply amazing or maybe it is the pleasure of having my little sister home.

We went back upstairs after the lunch. I was not less eager than Amaya to here Eve's story, I was only caring for my sister to have a rest, but I know there must be something special to tell since she doesn't even cared for a rest.

Okay. You ready? Eve asked excited.

Sure, go ahead Eve. We're all ears, I said smiling.

"I found him." She said smiling.

Who exactly? Amaya and I asked at the same time.

Mr Right. A life partner of course. she said excitedly.

R_ea_lly?! Amaya asked shocked. while I took a minute or two before I finally opened up my mouth.

Sooo! You're tell us along with claiming your powers you found a partner?

Yup! She said more happier than I've ever seen her before.