Chapter XIII: Second chance

*Y/N's POV*

I was lying on Blake's bed thinking about what Ozpin told me. Did Milt know about that legend as well? Suddenly Ruby spoke up.

Ruby: "Y-Y/N there's something on my mind for a long time now that I need to tell you..."

You: "What is it Ruby?"

Ruby: "I-I'm sorry f-for what I've done to you..."

You: "Don't you think it's too late?"

Ruby: "P-Please let me finish. I was regreting every punch, every kick simply everything I did to you ever since I was 7."

You: "Am I supposed to believe that? Why didn't you come to my room and help me aid my injuries?" I started to shake as I almost yelled at her. Luckily Blake was there for me.

Ruby: "I-I know y-you're angry at me r-right now a-and I understand you but I-I w-was scared th-that I would end up like you."

Blake: "Don't give him your lies." Ruby who was sitting now stood up with tears and yelled at us.

Ruby: "I'M NOT LYING IT'S ALL TRUE I EVEN HAVE PROOF I REGRET EVERYTHING." That caught my interest and I stood up going towards Ruby who was now scared.

You: "What proof..." I was tackled to the ground by her, tears streaming from her eyes. Blake tried to get as apart but to no avail.

Ruby: "I-I'm sorry I-I just want my brother back."

You: "Need.... air." She noticed she's hugging me too tight so she got up.

Ruby: "P-Please l-let me be your sister once again."

You: "I don't see a reason why should I."

Blake: "What is that proof you have Ruby?" Ruby then regained her composture.

Ruby: "Y/N do you remember the day when you left?"

You: "You mean when you broke my elbow again? It's hard to forget that."

Ruby: "No I mean after beating you went to your room..."

You: "I met you on the way there, but you didn't beat me, did nothing to me, it was strange." Ruby's eyes started to light up as she now knew I remembered.

Ruby: "Yes, then when you entered your room there was a note on your mattress."

You: "You mean that note that helped me-" Then my eyes went wide since I didn't tell anyone except Blake about that note. "How do you know about that note in the first place?"

Ruby: "Because I was the one who wrote it." My eyes went more wide. Ruby is the secret helper? It HAS to be a trap.

You: "I don't believe you." She started to cry again. But the hesistations... "But..." She looked at me with hope in her eyes. "You showed me that you regret the beatings and you really want to make it up to me. So I'm willing to give you, and only you a second chance." When I finished that sentence I was suddenly covered by red rose petals.

Ruby: "Really?Thankyousomuchyouwon'tregretit." (Really? Thank you so much you won't regret it.) Ruby was hugging me and didn't want to let go as she was crying with happiness and joy.

Blake: "Are you sure you forgive her Y/N?" I couldn't say anything as I was lacking oxygen but didn't want to say anything anyways as I was happy that my favourite sister regrets things. I just nodded. "Ruby, I think he would appriciate more air." Ruby realised what she's doing and helped me up. Hapiness and tears in her eyes. "Just note that if you hurt him Ruby, I'll break your legs."