The Picnic

Kaminari PVO

It was now Saturday, the day for mine and Kyoka's date. I was sorta nervous but mostly excited. She had texted me to ware something only a little more then casual. So I put on some black jeans and a light blue short sleeved button down shirt. I had on my black high top vans too. We had agreed to meet in the common room at 5:30 and it was 5:00. Since I had some time, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth for the tenth time that day, and the just started pacing. Ok so maybe I was a little more nervous than I thought but I still new that if she didn't like me we wouldn't be going on a date. It was just in that moment I had a hard time convincing my brain of that. Soon it was 5:25 so I went down to the common room.

Kyoka was already there, and damn she looked good. She had on black leggings that had rips in them, but it didn't look trashy or anything they looked cool. She also had a purple shirt with thin white stripes, a black denim jacket and a chocker. She looked over at me and smiled. "Ready to go?" She said as she grabbed a picnic basket I hadn't noticed before. I nodded and walked over to the side of her that didn't have the picnic basket, and grabbed her hand. She led me to a park a couple blocks away, and we started to set up the blanket. After it was spread out I sat down crisscross applesauce, and she grabbed a container of rice balls. "What kinds are there?" I asked. "I think it's salmon and spicy beef." She said grabbing a bag of chips from the basket. "Sounds good." I said with a smile. I got up to help unpack the basket. There was just lemonade and napkins left. I took the lemonade out well braking one can off for myself. As I reached for the napkins, she did too and our hands touched. I pulled my hand back to let her grab them, but she did the same. The I gust grabbed them really fast and she did too, but I grabbed them anyway and gave one to her. God we were awkward. We laughed over it a bit and then began eating. I had the salmon and tried one of the beef but they were too spicy for me. "KYOKA WARE DID YOU GET THESE THERE SUPER SPICY!" I yelled. I didn't have a super high tolerance for spice but I wasn't a wimp they were really spicy. "Oh Bakugou made them for me. Let me try them." She took a beef one and ate it. "Wow that is pretty spicy, but it's still good." She said well taking another bite. I just drank some lemonade but it didn't help much so I ate some more salmon rice balls. After that we started just talking. Soon enough her head was on my shoulder and my arm over hers. We sat there cuddling for a little before Kyoka broke the silence. "Oh I almost for got I had planned to go hiking after we ate." "That sounds fun, but what if someone steels the picnic stuff." I asked. "Oh I didn't think about that..." "I'll just carry it most of the food is gone now so it probably won't be heavy." She looked unsure. "Are you sure?" I nodded getting up and picking it up. "It's not heavy at all. Leave it to me." I said jabbing my thumb onto my chest, and gave her my most confident smile. She snickered a bit, but got up and latched her elbow with mine.

We got to the trail and began walking. Soon enough she was practically hugging my arm with her head resting on my shoulder. I smiled down at her. She looked so cute wen she snuggled. And it was an added bonus that she was cuddling me. I rested my head on her head slightly sad I wouldn't be able to look at her beautiful face. I didn't regret it at all wen we had just that much more contact. After a little we got to the end of the trail. There was a little stream that lots of people liked to dip there feet in. We sat on a rock next to the steam. "Do you want to dip your feet in? I do my feet are pretty sweaty." I said taking off my shoes. She just took off her own shoes and dangled her feet in. I did the same. And began snuggling close to her, but she grabbed my chin before I cold rest it on he shoulder. I looked up at her, and saw she was blushing a little. But then I realized what she was trying to do. Before she could do what she wanted to do I did it first. I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. She stood there for a bit before kissing back. I moved so my hands were on her back. Her hands were around my neck. I couldn't believe I was kissing her and she was kissing back. Two weeks ago I wold never have believed it. After a bit she pulled away. She gave me an awkward smile before giving one last peck on the cheek and getting up. "We sold get back to the dorms now." She said reaching out her hand for me to grab. I hesitated before grabbing it and began to walk back hand in hand. "You know," Kyoka began "you shocked me a bit back there." She said it with a giggle, but I still got a little flustered. "Oh a sorry I didn't- she cut me off by giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I didn't say it was a bad thing." She said rolling her eyes. I blushed a bit and brushed it off. I wondered if kissing was going to be a more normal thing. I hoped it was. She wasn't a very good kisser, but it was still the best kiss I've ever had. I had only kissed one other person besides her and my parents, but my kiss with Kyoka was definitely the better of the two. It was more than just a kiss it felt magical. God that sounded cheesy but it was true.

We got to the dorms around 8:00 and went back to our rooms. I was watching Bace ball, wen I got a text from the bakusquad group chat.

Mina: hay u all wanna hang out in my room?
Sero: sounds ful I'll be there
Kirishema: same^-^
Bakugou: no
Kirishema: Baku's coming too
Bakugou: SHITTY HAIR!!!
Me: I'll come
Kyoka ❤️: me too
Mina: see you all there

I got up and began walking to Mina's room. I ran into Sero on the way there and we walked together. Wen we got there, Kyoka was sitting with Mina on her bed. I sat next to her and Mina started talking. "So Kami Jiro tells me you too were on a date before this!" I laughed a bit "yeah we went on a picnic." "So your boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Sero asked. "Oh well we never..." Kyoka started but she was interrupted by Kirishema coming in. "Sorry I tried to get Katsuki to come I mean Bakugou, but I couldn't get him to." "That's cool." Mina said going to her book shelf of movies. "I was thinking we could watch one." She said gesturing to the large collection of movies. "Oh oh let's watch horror movie!" Said Sero excitedly. "Ooo yeah!" Kyoka added. "Any objections?" Mina asked. "None hear." I jumped in. Kirishema gave the thumbs up and picked one out. The movie was one I hadn't seen before, so I got pretty jumpy at the scary parts. Kyoka and I cuddled during the movie witch got us some smirks from the others.