The Dance

Jiro POV

The trip was a normal field trip for the most part, tours, lectures... The only really exciting things were the Shiketsu vs UA battle that was to take place at the end of the trip, and the newly announced dance.

We didn't get the news till around the middle of the trip. Apparently, it was only decided a day before it was announced.

Of course no one had any clothes that you could ware to a dance. The teachers gave us half the day off to shop for something to ware.

"Do you think a long dress or short? Of course I could go the romper route, but I don't think that's for me." Said Momo as we walked into what must've been the sixth store we went to.

I couldn't really complain, as I had not found anything ether. "I'm definitely looking for a short dress, or a romper. But as long as it's not super fancy, I think a long dress would be fine."

Momo nodded and started looking at the heels, something I was definitely not planning on warring. I was just going to ware my combat boots. Aka the love of my life. I mean they can be dressed up, and down.

After a bit of looking, I then stumbled on a royal blue dress with a thin light yellow waist band. The dress was about knee length, with spaghetti straps.

I thought it would go nicely with fishnets and the combat boots I had planed on warring.

I went to the dressing room, and put it on. I was extremely happy with how it looked, and the dress wasn't expensive. I was definitely very lucky.

After I checked out, Momo and I went to two more stores till she found one she really liked. Of course price wasn't a huge concern for her.

When I walked into the hotel Denki and the rest of the Bakusquad were hanging out in the lobby. Denki was quick to get up and give me big hug.

     "Dinky, you're acting like you haven't seen me in years." I said flatly. He hugged me tighter and said, "Yeah, yeah... I'm just disappointed we couldn't hangout together today."

      "Oh my goooooood! You two are the cutest!" Mina squeaked from the couch. "Okey, Denki can you get off me now? Your going to wrinkle the dress I just bought." Denki then let go and said, "Which I can't wait to see, by the way. Your going to look beautiful."

       I silently prayed that I wasn't blushing over such a stupid comment, but it was in vain. "Speaking of the dance, will you go with me?" Denki asked. "What do you mean? I'm your girlfriend for pity's sake. Of course I'm going with you."

     I gave him a playful flick on the four head as I began walking to mine and Momo's room.

      "Hay! I was just making sure." Denki yelled after me. "No you were just being a cheesy ass simp." Said Bakugou, to which Denki replied, "If you were in a relationship you would understand." "No, I wouldn't because I'm not an idiot. But it doesn't matter, since relationships are a waist of time."

     "Oh really? That arm around Kirishima says otherwise." Sero remarked with a smirk. Both Kirishima and Bakugou were blushing like mad, and Bakugou, within seconds had Sero in a headlock.

    I decided that I was done with their bull shit, and went to my room.

                                    *•*•*•*•*•*

      Getting ready was simple as ever. Momo helped me with some makeup, since I was only any good at eyeliner. Even so, I still had a more natural look. Again, except the eyeliner.

     As soon as I heard knocking on the door I knew it was Denki. Momo was going with Tsu and Uraraka as friends, and was meeting them there.

     I opened the door to see a very happy Denki. "You are so hopeless. Are you that excited for a dance? It's probably not going to be fun." "That's not it! Well, I'm excited, but that's not why I'm super excited." I rolled my eyes well grabbing his hand and said, "Then why are you 'super excited'" I made air quotes with my free hand as I said the last part.

      "Kirishima asked Bakugou to go with him!" He practically shouted, "AND BAKUGOU SAID YES?!" I have to admit it was surprising. Not only did I think Bakugou wouldn't go to the dance at all, I never in a million years would expect him to go with a date. "Well, Kiri asked to go as friends, but it's still impressive. I mean, I didn't think Baku would be caught dead at a dance. Much less with a friend."

      I had to agree with Denki on that one. But soon all thoughts of Kirishima and Bakugou were swept from my mind. They were playing "Famous last words" by MCR, and I wanted to dance.

     Denki and I spent most of the dance just talking, and dancing if a song that ether of us really liked came on. Unfortunately, they didn't play anymore Rock. Denki also introduced me to his Tetsutetsu friend.

      Apparently, his quirk was called "metal mold" , and him shape metal that he was touching into anything.

     "I wish they would play more fast songs... like the one that gos 'creeper aaawwww man so we back'" I put my hand over his mouth before he could sing more of that horrible song.

    He had a point about the fast music though. They had been doing more, and more slow songs as the dance went on. "Why don't we at least take advantage of the slow songs and dance?" I said offering my arm to him.

       He nodded and took my hand. We got to an empty spot on the dance flor. He had is hands on my waist, and mine were on his shoulders. As we swayed to the slow rhythm of the music, I felt calm and at ease with him. It was almost therapeutic, how relaxing the whole thing was.

     Denki and I leaned our four heads against the other's, and closed our eyes.

     Living in that moment was utter bliss. Any problems or worries were for later. The only thing that mattered in that moment was each other, and the sway of the music.

     Eventually it was late enough to want to head out. Of course, some people left early. According to Mina, Bakugou and Kirishima included.

      I get back to my room after giving Denki a goodnight kiss, changed into my pajamas, and plopped onto my bed. Sleep came within seconds, and so did happy dreams.