ɪ

Author's note ✎-

Thank you, whether you're an old reader or a new reader, I hope you find this story to be more pleasant and coherent compared to my other one.

Enjoy!                                                                                                

(Y/n)'s POV

Slamming the door, I cried and yelled my frustration. I grabbed my pillow and screamed into the cotton plush.

"I'm not a crybaby, I'm not naïve!" I then silently sobbed, drenching my pillow with salty tears. My mind was rattling with anger and insecurities. I closed my eyes and replayed what had just happened.

---------------------------

I was arguing with my sibling. It had only been getting worse ever since they had been fighting with our dad/mom.

I was just trying to defuse an argument they were having but it didn't go so well.

I understood both points of view and I neither agreed nor disagreed with them. The problem was that they were both stubborn as hell and trying to get them to talk it out seemed to be next to impossible.

So today, my sibling was ranting to me about something my dad/mom had done. Stuff I was aware of but they had a knack for being dramatic when it was unnecessary. While yes, my dad/mom needs to get their shit together, my sibling also needed to do the same. It was ridiculous and honestly pisses me off how the adults could act so childish.

"Look I was just-" my sibling interrupted me.

"No, I don't want to hear it got it?" They spat.

"You're over exaggerating, stop acting so hypocritical damn it." I snapped back. I held my breath, not knowing what would happen next. My eyes gazed over at their face as they glared at me. It looked like they were going to slap me.

"What do you know, you're just a child who honestly can't deal with anything without crying and getting overwhelmed," their cold demeanor cut through me. The dams in my eyes crumbled, along with any sense of calmness or self-worth I had. All that was left was my broiling anger. Her words stung like a thousand paper cuts. I know this may sound dumb but it hurt. It hurts to have someone especially someone you care about, say something so brutal...

I blew it, and I ran out of there and into my room.

---------------------------

"They're right..." My voice trembled. My anxiety has been an obstacle I've been trying to get better at handling. I don't take medication anymore and I don't see a therapist either but I thought I was getting better. My mental state has been pretty manic and so far, anger has been the main emotion I struggle with. I've just been so much more aggressive and violent that it genuinely scares me. My anxiety/fear is all it is. The social interactions, my inferiority complex/weird ego I have going on, and conflicts are the biggest triggers for it. As well as just everyone and everything at this point.

In short, I'm a mess and I hate how everyone can see that, that part of me, that part I loathe so much! My siblings will use it against me, treating me like I'm either fragile or naïve. I don't know if they even realized their doing it but I hate it. I'm not weak...

That's when I heard the shattering of glass, followed by a high-pitched whistle that broke me out of my slump. I wiped my head towards the source of the noise. My mirror, an antique we'd gotten during a thrift session, had broken. It had, what I'd assume, fantasy markings carved into the wooden frame. I really liked the magical feeling it gave me.

"What the fuck," curiously, I inspected it. The thing that caught my attention was the wind that seemed to be coming out of my mirror. The wind was flowing through the cracks of the shards. I put my hand over it just to see, and sure enough, I could feel the cool breeze. The sound got louder the closer I got; it was almost deafening. Before I could say anything, the mirror started to shake violently. A huge gust of wind began to burst through the cracks, it swirled around me. I covered my face and fell to the ground. I couldn't believe what was happening. It felt like something, or someone was calling out to me. Leaves and flower petals flew around me, luring me into a trans of awe. I sat up, slowly as to not cut myself on the loose glass and just sat in a daze.

"Okay, this is actually happening," I said, completely freaked. The mirror had turned into a weird rabbit hole of some sort. The breeze felt fresh, and the scent was that of morning dew. "Am I fucking high or something?" I questioned myself out loud again. A roar bellowed from the 'rabbit hole'. The force had gotten stronger, now pulling me in. I began to scream. My room turned into a royal mess. Books, paper, knick-knacks, and other random objects I owned were thrown from corner to corner.

"Shit!" I tried grabbing onto anything to hold me down but my efforts were useless. I was pulled into the hole. I screamed, closing my eyes, hoping this would all stop somehow.

I opened my eyes and was greeted by the grey cloudy bright sky and damp ground. Looking up, all I could think about was the pain coursing through my body. My head felt heavy and my back was sore. My eyes darted around my new surroundings.

It was beautiful and very peaceful. I couldn't help but laugh. Everything that had happened in the last few minutes felt like an acid trip and at this point I just welcomed it. I slowly got up and looked around. I knew I always wanted my own fantastical adventure but I didn't think it would be like this.

"Holy-AAAHH FUCK ME!" I screamed, dodging an arrow that almost impaled my head. I heard the thundering thumps of a horse and quickly picked myself up.

"Not today..." I mutter under my breath. I decided to hide in the tree and wait.

A dark brown horse came in along with a boy. He had black hair and was pretty pasty. The guy was wearing a blue tunic, grey pants, and raggedy black boots. They stopped, looking around for what had made the noise, which meant they were looking for me. I kept quiet. Observing every detail, so that I could determine whether he seemed like a guy I could make an alliance with it not.

"What was that?" The boy said.

"I don't know but they must have run away," the horse said.

"Yeah you're probably right, must've been really fast then, but..." the boy said, looking around. He got off the horse and walked a little. I was shocked that a horse could talk, meaning that other animals could talk too. I was smiling to myself, Man I want a talking horse friend! "they could have hidden too," the boy said softly, looking around.

"Damn..." I whispered to myself. I breathed through my nose to reduce any noise I could make that would give me away.

He's smart.

"Ed-" the horse whispered but was shushed by the boy. His movement became stealthier and I prayed that he would just fuck off. Then I adjusted my position slowly, keeping my eye on him.

"SHIT!" As luck would have it, I lost my footing and fell out of the tree. The boy looked up with wide eyes and we both yelled.

"Wha-!" Of course, I fell on top of him and then hit the back of my head. The pain pulsed through me, yet again. I wanted to cry, out of pain and anger. I just had embarrassed myself to a complete kinda cute stranger and this was the last straw. Way to fucking go me.

- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 -