ɪɪɪ

(Y/n)'s POV

We arrived at Cair Paravel. The majestic view that was presented in front of me took my breath away. The castle was built into the mountains surrounded by lush nature. It was grand and detailed, down to the last stone pillar.

"You live in there?" I said out of amazement. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was and how it would look inside.

"Yea, come on, I'll show you around," he said and mounted off the horse. He offered me his hand which I took. Stumbling, I end up grabbing onto his arm for more support.

"You alright?" He said helping me up.

" Yea-yeah, um thank you, " I avoid eye contact to maintain my composure and pride.

We walked towards the entry and were greeted by two centaurs.

"King Edmund, it's good to see your safe return," one of them said and they both bowed. Oh right, he's a king, I consciously reminded myself. Then I turned my attention to the existence of the centaurs, fascinated by them.

"Who's your guest, if you don't mind me asking your highness? "

"She's a potential ally, we're here on official business so no need to worry," He looked at me, giving me a reassurance look but I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be comforting or teasing. I followed him into the castle, waving to the centaurs.

I walked over to Edmund and quietly exclaimed,

"There's centaurs in Narnia!" He looked at me and lightly chuckled, "Yeah, there's a lot of other creatures in Narnia too like mermaids, pixies, minators, and look" he pointed towards the open courtyard area where we were headed to, "The trees dance." I looked over and saw them sway with the breeze, leaves swirling around and fluttering to the ground.

"It's so wonderful here, I never thought in my wildest dreams I could- I don't know witness such beauty and magic," I slowly look around, wanting to take in everything. The garden was filled with different flowers, ivy vines entangling the columns and archway, a stone walkway, and a fountain right in the middle. I sat down on one of the stone benches and stared at the flowers next to me. I realized little ladybugs and bees were attending to them. I squeaked out of pure joy but covered my mouth to not scare them.

"Excited are we?" he said and sat next to me.

"It's not something I get to see every day, I absolutely love all of the Narnian creatures, it's so amazing."

"You haven't seen anything yet, wait til you see everything from up above," he said while looking around.

"Really?! You gotta show me," I said like an absolute dork. I didn't care at this point if I sounded like a fangirl. My inner child was practically screaming.

"One of these days," he said smiling. It became a peaceful silence and I loved every minute of it.

"Hey how's your back, by the way, I know my arm and sides are sore," I asked.

"Um, it hurts but I'm at the point where I can't tell if it's pulsing or not," He said and then quietly mumbled something. I grimaced feeling my empathy overwhelm me. Why did I have to fall on him?

"Edmund there you are!" a girl came running in and then stopped halfway there, "who's this?"

"I'm (Y/n), and you are?" It was either Susan or Lucy from what Edmund told me.

"I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!" she came closer.

"You too, I like your dress," I looked at her pretty pink dress. I just adore it. When I was younger I loved the idea of dressing up. "Thank you," she said, doing a little spin to show it off. I knew Edmund said they were kings and queens but he was like what 17-18, so around my age, and Lucy seemed to be a little younger than us. I was still not over the fact they were royalty. To be honest, I was just jealous because I'd always wanted to be an empress or a queen. That or a pirate.