xɪɪ

(Y/n)'s POV

The next morning was refreshing. It was quiet, with the sunbeams shining through the windows and the dust catching it just right. For a moment I thought I was the first to wake up, seeing how everything felt so still. Like when you're the first to wake up at a sleepover. I walked around trying to find where everyone had gone. Then I heard voices in the garden, so I went to go check it out.

"Morning," I said finding Lucy, Simon, and Adaline having tea. Well, Simon was just there. They were waiting for breakfast to be done.
"Good morning (Y/n), how did you sleep?" Adaline asked.
"It was great, thank you," I said yawning. I took a seat and helped myself. "So, what's the plan?" I asked taking a bite out of a little cake.

"Well, we were going to wait for Edmund before we decided to make one, but the idea is that we split into groups. It makes the work go by faster," Lucy said.
"Sounds good," I said taking a sip from my cup, "let's just wake up sleeping beauty and get this show on the road then. We got things to do."
"That's what I'm saying," Simon said, "but Adaline said it would be rude and poor of me to do as a host."
"He was up pretty late last night, I'm not sure why but I woke up in the middle of the night and saw him in the garden," Lucy said.

I audibly hummed. Edmund joined us a few minutes later. He seemed a little groggy but chill. I hope he slept well. Of course, we asked him why he was up last night, but I felt it maybe wasn't our business.
" I was just thinking, sometimes my mind is just too awake," he said drinking his tea.
"As long as you're still up for investigating today, if you need to sleep a little more, by all means," Adaline said. Lucy and I nodded.
"No, I'll just go to sleep a bit earlier tonight, thank you," Ed said.

Then a man who I assumed to be a servant of sorts appeared.
"Breakfast is ready your grace," he said bowing.
"Thank you, Walt," she said getting up, "come on everyone." We followed her to the dining hall and ate. It was so good, especially the main course! I felt a little bad for Simon because all he could do was watch us eat. 

We all gathered in Adaline's study, making it our headquarters for the time being. We had a few days before the Silent Marauders came back as they were our only ride out of Terebinthia...Also the only ones we could make the quickest arrangements with.

"Alright so as we had said earlier, minus Edmund being present, that we're going to split up into teams, one team to research magic and curses in the library and the other team investigate Simon's room," Adaline said. "The first thing to do is to figure out who goes where, I propose that Edmund, Lucy, and (Y/n) go to the library while Simon and I check his room."
"Shouldn't someone who knows the library goes with us, I mean no offense, your majesty," I said, "but it would go by a lot faster if someone familiar with the library who knows where everything should lead the search. You would know exactly what books and scrolls to look at." 

"You make a good point, then you and I trade spots if that's okay with you Simon," she looked at him for confirmation.

"Yeah I don't mind," Simon said smiling at me.
"Alright then, let's get to it, we'll break in 3-4 hours to have lunch and then continue," Adaline said as we all walked out, heading to our new set locations.

I held Simon in my hand, walking to his sleeping chambers as he instructed me.
"Take a left at this corner and down the end of the hall," he said.
"Okay," I said doing as I was told.
"Good girl," he teased. I blushed and pulled the mirror to face me directly, my eyes sending daggers right at him. Gross dude!
"Don't ever say that again Simon, I'm helping you out of the goodness of my heart, don't make me hide where no one will ever find you," I threatened, "Because I have no qualms in doing so."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I was only teasing," Simon said desperately, "I wasn't trying to make you mad but I should have thought that through more."
"Ya 'think?" I sighed, shaking my head, "Whatever, let's focus on our task, even though I'm the only one who can physically do anything."
"Hey it's not like I want to be in here," he said defensively. I opened the door of his room, finding a mess waiting for me.