ɪx

(Y/n)'s POV

I stared at myself for a long time in the mirror. Susan had given me some new clothes to try before leaving. I felt good and put together even though that was far from the truth. It was a 3/4-quarter sleeve shirt, golden oriental armor, gloves, and a (color of your choice) cloak. My grip around the hilt of my sword tightens. I felt a surge of confidence run through me, which was nice because I've been feeling like shit about myself recently.

I knew my outfit didn't match the aesthetic of them but I sure felt like a pirate. At least I could innocently live out my romanticized dream of being a pirate here in my room alone.

"Yeah, bitches better watch out!" I joked, swinging my sword and pointing it at my reflection. "You thought you could fool me well," I tilted my head up, staring down my invisible enemy, "it seems as though you're the fool," I busted out in a fit of laughter, but it didn't last long once I heard a voice from my door.

"Feisty are we?" I froze in place, looking over at them like a deer in headlights. It was Edmund and Susan at my door. His Cheshire smile made me want to do nothing but whack it off his stupid face.

"You'd make a fine pirate, but I don't think you'll be coming across any on your way to Terebinthia," Susan said. Edmund chuckled.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I said, feeling beat red and avoiding all eye contact. I wanted to crawl into a hole and perish. I want to die, nothing more nothing less please just end my embarrassment.

"The door was open, sorry for interrupting Captain," Ed teased. I scoffed, shaking my head. Can we just move on, please? "Are you ready? we gotta get going before the boat docks off without us," he said walking out with Susan.

"Yeah I'm going," I followed them to the grand hall, taking this time to recollect myself.

Edmund and I, along with seven other guards, were preparing our things before we had to leave.

"We're ready whenever you are my king," said one of the guards.

"Thank you sir Ayris, we'll be leaving shortly," Edmund nodded. He came over to me as I was putting my saddle on Clover. "Need any help (Y/n)?"

"Um, no I'm good," I said buckling it in place and testing it to make sure it's sturdy. "Let's go." As we began to head off, the other Pevensie siblings were waving to us but Lucy wasn't with them.

"Ed, where's Lucy? I thought she-"

"I'm right here (Y/n)," Lucy said joining us on horseback.

"What are you doing here Lu, I thought Susan and Peter wanted you to stay here with them?" Edmund asked.

"I had a little chat with them this morning and convinced them. Besides, why should I let you have all the fun," she smirked riding right beside me.

"Well let's just get going, we shouldn't keep the ship waiting any longer," I said. Edmund and Lucy nodded. We woke up early to make up time since it was a little way to get to the kingdom, considering it was an island kingdom. A lot of the time would be spent getting there. Luckily for us, it wasn't too far from here. The sun was rising, signaling that our little quest had begun.

We arrived at the port where a big enough ship was waiting for us. It was a sturdy dark ship with accented gold metal embellishments. A plum-purple jolly roger with a golden Narnia crest flew in the air, matching the billowing sails. It was a simple ship but I still found it to be majestic.

"You excited captain?" Edmund came up beside me, helping Philip onto the boat. I blushed at the little nickname. "I am actually. I've never been on a boat before. How long will it take for us to make it to Terebinthia?"