Edmund's POV

"Alright everyone, let's eat." We sat down to enjoy the meal.

"Thank you, Gaston, your food never fails to satisfy,"

"It was my pleasure, Your Highness," Gaston waved his hand as a way to signal his departure and left. At first, we all made small talk, and it was alright. But I noticed that (Y/n) was being quiet. I looked across to her and we ended up making eye contact. Quickly, our eyes darted away. Oh, come on! This awkward tension was thankfully broken laughter.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Remember the last coronation we went to, you spilled juice on your trousers, and it looked like you had an accident," Peter said laughing. Everyone else was having a good laugh.

"That's because you bumped into me when you were attempting to dance with a girl but failed miserably and she ended up leaving," I said defensively, "for a king with the title 'the magnificent' you certainly live up to it." My mischievous facial expressions were almost sinister.

"Hey! That's not very just of you to judge considering that you aren't the bit better," he said with an underlying attitude. To be honest I was getting annoyed with him. He's the one who brought it up in the first place. But luckily the conversation shifted.

"Well that means we should start having dance practices to prepare for the upcoming coronation, I don't want us embarrassing ourselves. We need people to take us seriously as kings and queens," Susan said. She was right about one thing, and that was we needed to uphold our image for royal affairs. I hated it because part of me didn't want to care about what others thought of us but at the same time, I understood the reputation we had and needed to keep that. Damn it.

"We can start tomorrow as well as with (Y/n)'s training. Which by the way (Y/n), we're going to help prepare you for whatever it is that you're here in Narnia," Susan said.

"Yeah, that way hopefully you prepared. And besides we can do other things here too. Like exploring Cair Paravel," Lucy said.

"Wait I'm going to live here?" (Y/n) said.

"Yeah, I don't see why not," Lucy said, looking over to me and the others to get our approval. Why not, I mean where else is she gonna stay? I nodded my head and looked at Peter and Susan.

"Sure, besides it'll be a lot more convenient to train and look after you if you live with us," Peter said. We agreed and hoped that (Y/n) would be comfortable with the idea, considering we hadn't told her until now.

"That is if you want to, if you rather live somewhere else we can have that arranged," I said.

(Y/n)'Her smile was tame but her eyes were glowing with excitement, "Are you kidding me, that would be amazing!" She said, "Who would pass up the opportunity to live here, it's so beautiful."

"I'm glad to have you as a guest," Susan said.

"We'll have another girl in the castle!" Lucy cheered.

"Where will I sleep?" (Y/n) asked.

"Don't worry we'll show you to the sleeping chambers and we'll even let you have your own study if you'd like," I said.

"Thank you, really it's very kind of you guys," (Y/n) seemed pretty content.

"No worries." The rest of the time went well, thankfully but I still needed to talk to Peter about his annoying comments.

After dinner when everyone was in the courtyard, just hanging out, I was able to pull him aside.

"Hey Peter I needed to tell you something," I felt weird and vulnerable but it needed to be said. We're brothers after all.