ᴠɪɪ

(Y/n)'s POV

Everything soon became routine. Two whole weeks had passed since I had arrived. To be honest, I still felt outta place but I was starting to feel a little comfortable. I usually kept to myself unless I was called or needed. I just don't want to bother anyone. My training was going as planned, I can now ride Clover well and we successfully made the hurdle jump. With weapons, I've been getting better at hitting the targets instead of completely missing so that's good. I've also been able to hold myself up against Edmund but not best for him. Not yet.

We were going back and forth, hitting our blades almost rhythmically. We were also very sweaty but that's beside the point. I got him this time. I blocked his attack, spun around, and falsely attacked only to quickly move to hit his sword so that it would fall right out of his hands. Edmund looked at me with bewilderment.

"Suck on that loser!" I playfully taunted him.

"That was really good," he was taken aback, cleared his throat, and spoke, "However you're gonna have to do that again to prove to me it wasn't a one-time fluke."

"Challenge accepted," I grinned.

"Come on guys, we gotta get ready for dance practice," Susan said, walking over to us. Man, I just want to take a nap, at least I can stay fit doing all this physical activity.

"Coming Mother," I said teasing. Edmund chuckled and Susan rolled her eyes but I could tell she didn't take it to heart. We put our stuff away and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

Dance practice had been fun though I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm excited to dance because I actually like dancing even if I'm not good but at the same time I didn't want to deal with the awkward feelings of starting out.

Our instructor was a dryad named Aurora, and she was gorgeous. Her movements were weightless and magical, almost hypnotic.

"Alright guys since you've all done well with the basics and dancing on beat, we shall add partners to mix things up and see how well we are doing," she flowed around us, watching our every move. Lucy and I looked at each other, grinning ear to ear.

"Care to share this dance?" I bowed, offering my hand. She took my hand and giggled.

"I would love to," then we assumed the first position. I was leading. My eyes fell to Edmund's face and his gaze seemed to meet mine. We both had this face of mischief, knowing full well what we were about to do. May the best dancer win.

I turned to Lucy and she nodded. We moved across the hall room, quick quick slow, quick quick slow. Our rhythm was seamless and we worked well together. We were giggling, and having a great time. I looked over to Edmund and Susan. They were a power duo. While Lucy and Peter were bold courageous and bright, Edmund and Susan were mysterious, calculating, and disciplined.

He was staring me down, a glint in his eyes. This was honestly the best we've done so far. Lucy seemed to have caught on cause she whispered, "Are you and Ed competing against each other again," she raised her eyebrow the same way Ed did.

"And what if we were?" I said.

"I want in, we can take them down, you and me," Lucy said, smirking, she was so cute.

"You got it," I said.

"Alright, guys, that was the best so far however I want to run it through again. Let's take it from the top," Aurora said.

"Ready Lucy?"

"Let's do it!"

And with that, we were off, I was leading again. I looked to Edmund and Susan to see how they were doing. Once again their steps were very clean.