xɪᴠ

Edmund's POV

I thought more about my revelation of Simon's motives for lying. I had left the group to take some time for myself. I knew better than to let my temper get the best of me, at least this time. Besides (Y/n) seems to trust him so...still, I'm not entirely sure if we can trust him. I'll forgive but I won't forget.

The professor decided to continue his examination of the soot he found in Simon's chambers and continued to look for the temples location. He said it was his way to make up for covering up for Simon. Turns out he did know more than he led on. Not like he was good at hiding it. Either way, it wasn't my place to dismiss his work so Adaline allowed it. It at least gave us a break which I greatly appreciated. Adaline and Simon went off to talk, understandably so, leaving me, Lucy and (Y/n).

"You think they'll be long?" (Y/n) asked, "I mean I get they have a lot to talk through, with Simon opening up and all but they aren't going to leave us alone for too long right?"
"Like you said, they have some personal issues they need to discuss. They can leave us alone for as long as they like, we're free to do as we please," I said, sitting down next to Lucy. She gave a perplexing looking to which I responded with "within reason of course."

"Right, well what should we do? 

"We could walk around, Terebinthia is known for their trees, and we can look at the courtyard and garden," Lucy suggested. 

"Yeah let's do it!" (Y/n) said happy to do something that wasn't indoors. I sighed getting up and stretching. I wanted to sleep but it was a little too early to retire right now. Just a few more hours.
"Sure we got nothing better to do."

We walked off, enjoying the view of the flora and the world underneath. The castle was a little higher up, overlooking the village and other parts of the kingdom. Terebinthia was rich with its foliage and the trees were magnificent. They were big and wide with tops that feathered out beautifully, creating the perfect amount of shade. (Y/n) seemed to be enjoying it the most, attempting to climb a tree but failed. Lucy and I exchanged a curious look and chuckled.

"Here, do you want help?" I asked cooly. I knelt down and put my hands together as to give her a boost.
"N-No it's fine- oof!" She said landing back down on the ground after trying to jump up to grab a branch.
"Come on let Edmund help you, he won't bite," Lucy said. I flashed a toothy grin and then bit down on my own teeth to tease (Y/n).

She stood there staring me down. Just when I was about to get up she stopped me. "Oh okay fine, just don't move," she said rolling her eyes and stepping on my hands. Fickle fickle. "Okay now!" I pushed her up as she jumped, grabbing on the branch and swinging her leg over to pull herself up. She adjusted herself and sat, dangling her feet from above.

"Wait a minute, I thought I said no more climbing trees for you," I said putting hands on my hips, raising my eyebrow at her. Damn how could I forget?

"And yet you helped me," she said slyly. Lucy smiled and then looked at me with a smirk.
"She's right you know, you even offered her help-"
"Shut up." I looked up at (Y/n), feeling that oh so familiar fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach. She looked at the view of the trees and hills and the vast ocean beyond with such wonder. It was almost adorable, almost. She looked happy, with that beautiful smile never leaving her face once.

"I'm surprised you could climb in that thing," I said looking at her dress. It was now a little scruffy and dirty but still looked good.
"Me too honestly, your boost definitely helped, I wouldn't have been able to climb the tree without you, so thank you Eddie," she said softly. Her words burned my cheeks making me look at the ground. Damn it.