xᴠɪ

(Y/n)'s POV

"Are you ready?" Adaline asked. Bringing me back to earth as I was zoning out. We were going over last-minute details. I wasn't like I didn't think it was important, but we had gone over everything yesterday...and the day before that. To be honest I was still processing things.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I grabbed the last of my things: my rucksack for Simon, the Professor Mumford pendant, and the sword Peter had given me. I take it out of the sheath and look at my reflection through the blade. Ready as I'll ever be. 

Lucy, Adaline, Edmund, and I met up with the guards and horses waiting for us at the front of the castle ready to escort us to the port.

"Don't talk to Simon a lot, remember no one outside is supposed to know," Edmund said, "Simon will have to deal with the interior of your bag for the next two days."

"I'm right here" Simon huffed.

"I know," Ed said still looking ahead. He's probably smirking to himself.

"What's up with them" Adaline leaned in quietly.

"Nothing, don't worry about them," I said waving my hand.

"You guys are quite chatty for being up so early," Adaline said turning to the noisy trio. Edmund gave her a weird glance.

"I am in no way an early bird I'll tell you that," Edmund said before getting in a quick stretch, "I wouldn't get used to this if I were you."

"The sunrise is pretty," Lucy said pointing to the sky. It was a beautiful mix of orange, purple, and pink with baby blue the higher the sky went. The clouds were fluffy and cotton-like. The morning sun, golden and warm, made the entire sky light up with a strong beautiful glow. I would never get tired of looking up at the sky. "Yeah, it's totally worth it being up this early then." I haven't seen the sunrise in forever.

Edmund's POV

I was watching her look up with those big wondrous eyes that almost seemed to glimmer. I subconsciously smiled and then instantly shook it off my face. I thought about yesterday.

---------------------

"Why aren't you with the others? Philip asked. I ignored his question and slung myself on top of him swiftly.

"Let's go for a run, yeah?" I said grabbing a hold of his reins.

"Did something happen Your Highness? You can tell me you know, it's not like I have anyone else I would tell."

"It's nothing like that Philip, I just-" I didn't know what to say. I was annoyed with that douche Simon but there was another reason why I left. (Y/n). 

"So what is it then?" We stopped in the middle of the forest close to the castle. I was completely alone, away from everyone. All that was left to accompany me was the great enormous trees and the lush brush. I sighed, fighting whether I should open up or not.

"I just want some space that's all. You know I'm not exactly a people person. I miss the rides we would take. I miss going to the lantern waste or down by the shoreline. I miss my room and study where I could get some me time."

"So you're homesick?"

"You could say that." More like alone-sick...because I want to be alone...I don't really like myself. I couldn't tell him. The last thing I wanted to think about was the fact I was a coward for avoiding (Y/n). I just didn't want to deal with these feelings. The way she makes me feel- all warm and fuzzy. She makes me want to wake up every morning and I yearn to hear her voice. I just want to be around her all the time and I hate it when I can't see her. I wanted her full attention.