Author's note ✎-

Thank you for your patience as I continue to write and edit this fanfic to give you guys the best I can provide :) enjoy

Edmund's POV

"Onward gentleman!" Captain Rumin said, leading us through the ticket of the woods. To be honest it felt like looking for a needle in a haystack. We didn't even know if the needle was even in this haystack. I was getting hungry and feeling annoyed.

"Hey look a shoe!" A guard said picking up an old boot.

"I don't think that's his," another said inspecting it.

"Well it was worth a shot, I don't know how else we're going to continue this search if we don't just keep eliminating areas after we search them. He's probably on the move, why would he be here?"

"Because we don't know that he isn't for sure, we gotta be thorough." The two guards were discussing things but I just turned them out. I tried focusing but their talking was very intrusive.

"Could you men keep it down, we need to focus," I said. They nodded, "Apologies your majesty," they said and went back to being quiet. Thank Aslan, I hope the others had better luck than we had.

That's when we heard the heavy steps of a horse coming our way. We prepared ourselves, ready to see who was approaching. A fellow Narnian knight came ahead of two other knights who were assigned to go with Lucy and (Y/n).

"Where are the girls?" I asked.

"That's just it, they're stuck in a hole inside Dragon's Peak. On the bright side, they're okay and they found Simon!" They huffed. We all looked at each other happy as could be.

"Come on then, they need our help, take us to them," I ordered, following the knights that had just arrived. We went as fast as we could. Even though he said they were right, I still felt the need to get there as soon as possible.

Once we reached the beginning of the path to Dragon's Peak, we stopped.

"Paths too narrow and it's close to the edge, we need to travel by foot and carefully," Captain Rumin said, "actually everyone stays here, King Edmund, Sir Ayris and I will go up."

"Yes, Captain!" They said in unison while Ayris and I went up.

I found a knight up there standing guard.

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"Sire, Sir Yule went to go find something to get the girls out."

"And they're in there?" I pointed to the cave and he nodded. We walked in, looking carefully for Lucy and (Y/n).

"Hello is that you Yule?" Lucy's voice echoed.

"Lucy? Where are you it's me, Ed," I said walking towards the sound of her voice.

"Oh thank goodness, we're saved!" A familiar voice ranged. I found the pit, getting on my knees to see them better.

"Men, over here!" I waved over Captain Rumin and Ayris. I was so happy to see Lucy and (Y/n). Thank Aslan, again!

"Was that Prince Simon I heard?" Rumin said. (Y/n) turned the hand mirror she was holding towards us showing Prince Simon.

"Hey guys, any luck with getting us outta here yet?" (Y/n) asked waving. I smiled and waved back.

"No, Not yet but don't worry, we'll figure something out," I said, "don't go anywhere okay?" I couldn't help myself.

"Wouldn't dream of it," (Y/n) crossed her arms, half smiling. I love it when she does that.